42 Top Ranked Movie Facts
1. Robert Downey Jr. only made $500,000 for the first Iron Man movie, but two years later made $10 million for Iron Man 2.
2. Watching horror movies actually burns more calories than any other genre.
3. Modern movies have an invisible fingerprint that can track any person filming at the theatre illegally.
4. Studies show that movies and books are better when you experience them for a second time.
5. One frame of the ice castle in the movie "Frozen" took 30 hours to render, while Elsa magically created the entire palace in 36 seconds.
6. Studies show that, after viewing scary movies, people feel stronger because they were able to handle it.
7. Halle Berry's stunt double, in the movie 'Catwoman', is a man.
8. A study found that people who simply thought about watching their favorite movie raised their endorphin levels by 27%.
9. Quentin Tarantino lied about his age to work as an usher at a porno movie theater.
10. 85% of movie actors earn less than $5,000 a year from acting.
11. The actor who played the farmer in the movie "Babe" decided to go vegan after working closely with the "extraordinary animals" in the film.
12. A study demonstrated that shoppers are willing to spend 30% more for an item if they first watch a sad movie clip.
13. The previews used to be shown at the end of a movie, which is why they are referred to as "trailers."
14. The directors of Despicable Me created a language for the gibberish Minions speak throughout the movie called "minion-eise."
15. Disney has credited their coffee guy in 7 of their movies.
16. The movie "Paranormal Activity" cost less than $15,000 to make but grossed over $193,000,000
17. Pumbaa was the first Disney character to fart in a movie.
18. According to a report, men account for 74.4% of lead roles in movies.
19. "Depersonalization" is a condition in which a person feels detached from real life as if it was a movie or a dream.
20. The Ghostbusters hotline was real when they were showing the trailer for the movie.
21. Watching scary movies can have lasting effects on children and teens that may psychologically affect them well into adulthood.
22. The director of the movie, "Fury" encouraged the actors to fight every morning before shooting.
23. The movie 'Paranormal Activity' cost less than $15,000 to make but grossed over $193,000,000
24. We lose 6 seconds of visual information every minute from blinking. In a 2 hours and 30 min long movie, our eyes are shut for about 15 mins.
25. In Rugrats the movie, Reptar was voiced by Bust Rhymes
26. A horror movie may burn nearly 200 calories in 90 minutes.
27. Seeing a horror movie on a date can cause both partners to be more interested in each other -- Heart racing replicates attraction.
28. Ryan Gosling was cast in the movie "The Notebook" because the director was looking for someone that was "not handsome" and "not cool."
29. In the movie "Thank You for Smoking", no person smokes a cigarette in the entire movie.
30. Watching a scary movie can burn as many as 200 calories.
31. Gun twirling was done in the circus only with unloaded guns, movies depict it because it looked cool.
32. Kim Jong Il had a collection of 20,000 movies in a private cinema beneath a Pyongyang bunker.
33. my graduation speech: "i would like to thank all the singers, bands, tv shows, movies, books, and fanfics that helped me survive this hell"
34. Ryan Gosling was cast in the movie "The Notebook" because the director was looking for someone that was "not handsome" and "not cool."
35. The movie "Juno" was shot in 31 days.
36. A full McBain movie is hidden across multiple Simpsons episodes.
37. In the movie Poltergeist, they used real skeletons. When asked why it was a simple answer, "they were cheaper than the plastic ones."
38. Nigeria makes more movies every year than the US.
39. The children from the Willy Wonka movie represent each of the 7 deadly sins.
40. Samuel L. Jackson has said 'motherf*cker' 171 times in 27 different movies.
41. One frame of the ice castle in the movie 'Frozen' took 30 hours to render, while Elsa magically created the entire palace in 36 seconds.
42. The cat who played Mr. Bigglesworth in the Austin Powers movies is actually named Ted Nude-gent.
Trending in Movies
71% of Oscar-winners’ tears have been shed since 1995.
James Cameron Facts
James Cameron was homeless when writing The Terminator, and sold the rights for $1, on the condition he could direct it.
In the original version of Cinderella the slipper was made out of fur, not glass.
The Marvel publisher overseeing Stan Lee in the 60s thought Spider-Man would be a flop.
Jim Carrey Facts
Jim Carrey would write Tupac funny letters while he was in prison to help make him smile.
Calling 1(781) 452-4077 will actually put you through to the Hogwarts Hotline, where you can learn more information about the school!
The Wachowski siblings originally conceived "The Matrix" as a comic book.
Forrest Gump Facts
Bill Murray, John Travolta and Chevy Chase all turned down an offer to play the role of Forrest Gump.