108 Awesome Music Facts
1. The music you listen to affects, figuratively colors, the way you perceive the world.
2. The pause symbol on a remote control comes from a musical notation called "caesura," which calls for a complete pause in the piece.
3. Music has been proven to retrieve and restore lost memories. The human mind attaches memories to certain songs.
4. "Eargasm" is a term for the chill you feel down your spine when listening to beautiful music.
5. Women tend to be attracted to men who listen to heavy metal, while men tend to be attracted to women who listen to classical music.
6. We are subconsciously more attracted to people who have the same music taste as we do.
7. The type of music you listen to can change the way you think.
8. Music lessons develops language, speech, memory, attention, and even vocal emotion.
9. FreeWavs are earbuds that are wireless, can filter your music so that you can hear oncoming traffic, and keep track of your heart rate.
10. Listening to music while working creates a positive mood and makes you more productive.
11. The right ear is better at hearing speech and the left ear is better at hearing music.
12. Listening to music is one of the few activities that utilizes the entire brain.
13. Music has the ability to numb emotional and mental pain.
14. In 1923, the sheet music for ‘Yes, We Have No Bananas’ sold 1,000 copies a day.
15. Listening to music for an hour every day can reduce chronic pain by up to 21% and depression by up to 25%
16. A musician would need to get 130,745 plays per day on Spotify just to earn minimum wage.
17. Listening to music for at least 5-10 minutes a day strengthens the mind, making it easier to deal with emotional stress.
18. Music has been known to build an emotional bond between people, so singing in a group actually brings you closer together.
19. Teenagers who spend most of their time listening to music are more likely to get depressed.
20. Your taste in music represents what your mood would sound like if you could hear it.
21. People who pirate music also buy more legal music than those who don’t.
22. Playing pop music instead of elevator music may make callers on hold less angry when someone finally answers, according to a study.
23. 90% of musicians report getting chills when listening to music.
24. Your right ear hears speech better and your left ear hears music better.
25. Music is powerful enough to change a persons perception of the world.
26. Music and sleep are two of the best ways to escape from everything
27. Your taste in music is something that develops through experience and is not something you are born with.
28. Listening to music at high volumes can make a person calmer, happier and more relaxed.
29. Listening to music at high volumes makes a person calmer, happier and more relaxed.
30. Children become 30 times more helpful after making music compared with listening to a story.
31. The chills experienced when listening to music is your brain releasing dopamine in anticipation of the peak moment during the song.
32. 'Sharing music is baring a soul.'
33. Listening to the music that you love can boost your immune system.
34. Neither the saxophone, the tuba, the coronet, nor the valve trumpet existed before 1800.
35. Eargasm' is the term used to describe the chill you feel down your spine when listening to beautiful music.
36. None of the Beatles knew how to read music. (Paul McCartney eventually taught himself).
37. Music can make you feel less pain.
38. Teenagers who spend much of their time listening to music are 8.3 times more likely to be depressed.
39. 86% of people use music to escape from their daily stress.
40. Your heartbeat changes with the music you listen to.
41. Listening to music frequently will decrease your risk of a brain tumor over the course of your life.
42. Men and women who listen to similar music tend to be better communicators and have longer lasting relationships
43. As little as 15 seconds of music can change the way you judge the emotions on other people's faces.
44. Music is just as addictive as cocaine.
45. Revenue from digital-music downloads and subscriptions outpaced CD sales for the first time in 2014.
46. The chills you get when listening to music are caused by the release of dopamine in your body.
47. Our brains react to poetry the same way it does to music.
48. Deep and loud bass in music makes our brain feel powerful.
49. A 2011 Canadian study found that listening to your favorite music is one of the fastest ways to get rid of a bad mood.
50. Music is one of the few activities in life that utilizes the entire brain.
51. Music is actually more effective at battling depression than counseling is.
52. Music helps keep your memories alive.
53. Playing slow music in a restaurant makes customers buy up to 40% more food than they normally would.
54. Music helps to reduce anxiety, and also helps the human mind and body get through stressful times.
55. Musomania is a psychological condition characterized by an obsession with certain music and/or a specific song.
56. People tend to develop an emotional bond with music because when people walk away, music is all that is left.
57. Bartenders are more likely to over-serve drunk patrons if the bar is poorly lit, the music is loud, and the patron is a woman.
58. For every $1,000 In Music Sold, The Average Musician Makes $23.40
59. Music can make you feel less physical and emotional pain.
60. Music can help time pass by quicker, make your workouts stronger, and help you feel less pain.
61. Listening to music has been shown to lower stress levels, lower blood pressure, increase concentration and even relieve pain.
62. Music therapy is the use of music to gain physical and emotional healing and wellness.
63. Your music taste is such a turn on
64. According to one neurologist, music imprints itself on the brain deeper than any other human experience.
65. Studies show that cows produce more milk when listening to relaxing music.
66. People who said their favorite music is by Lil Wayne scored the lowest on the SAT.
67. Men and women who listen to similar music tend to be better communicators and have longer lasting relationships.
68. There are so many note, octave, and timing variations that humanity will never run out of new music.
69. People are more likely to focus and pay attention when soft music is playing in the background.
70. Kurt Cobain described Weird Al as a "musical genius."
71. More music has been released by Tupac since his death than when he was alive.
72. When the Arctic Monkeys formed, none of them could play a musical instrument.
73. The real Maria von Trapp wasn’t invited to the premiere of The Sound of Music.
74. Surgeons who listen to music during operations perform better than those who don't.
75. The chills you sometimes get when listening to music is actually caused by the release of dopamine in your body.
76. If you listen to music frequently it will reduce the risk of a brain tumor over the course of your life.
77. Humans have a strong relationship with music because of the way that music affects our feelings, our thinking, and our emotional state.
78. Music is so influential on the brain that the type you listen to actually has the ability to change the way you think and look at the world.
79. The easiest item to be stolen in the world is Music.
80. Memories triggered by music causes some of the strongest emotional responses and can be very intense.
81. The human mind has the ability to store memories within music. Your favorite songs can spark many different emotions
82. Music and sleep, two great ways to escape from everything.
83. Listening to music, especially instrumentals, can release the same hormones as climaxing during intercourse.
84. Patron, Hennessy, Grey Goose, and Jack Daniel's are the most referenced alcohol brands in Music.
85. The most commonly rhymed words in pop music are Do and You.
86. A theater manager in Seoul, Korea felt that The Sound of Music was too long, so he shortened it by cutting out all the songs.
87. Music is influential on the brain, and the type you listen to actually has the ability to change the way you think and look at the world.
88. Surgeons perform better when they are listening to music
89. Deadmau5 has criticized the homogenization of EDM, stating that the music he hears "all sounds the same."
90. Sad music triggers chills more than happy music.
91. Mozart composed over 600 pieces of music before he died at age 35.
92. Paul McCartney is the only musician who has topped the chart as a solo artist, in a duo, in a trio, in a quartet, and a quintet.
93. Playing a musical instrument can increase your IQ.
94. Listening to music activates the reward system in our brains. This is why we spend money attending concerts and buying songs.
95. Listening to music while working helps create a more positive mood, and can help you to become more productive.
96. Some cows produce more milk if they listen to music
97. According to a study, runners who listened to music while on the treadmill ran faster than those who jogged in silence.
98. Pharrell Williams produced the world's first 24-hour music video.
99. Classical music played in restaurants increases the amount people spend on wine.
100. Music is one of the few activities in life that utilizes the entire brain
101. Music is so influential on the brain that the type you listen to actually has the ability to change the way you think and look at the world
102. Benefits of music:
- Stress relief
- Boost immunity
- Reduce heart disease
- Enhances emotional strength
- Boost self esteem
103. Listening to loud music interferes with your vision! This is why we usually lower the volume when yout trying to find something!
104. 85% of people use music to escape from daily emotional stress.
105. Kids who took music lessons have higher IQs, better Math ability and increased processing speed.
106. Listening to just 15 seconds of cheerful upbeat music can change your perception of the people around you, making them seem more positive.
107. According to scientific studies, a rat's performance in a maze can be improved by playing music written by Mozart.
108. The genre of music you listen to affects how you perceive the world.
Trending in Music
108 Music Facts
Classical music played in restaurants increases the amount people spend on wine.
Madonna was sacked from Dunkin Donuts for squirting customers with jam.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon celebrated his election by singing ‘Ban Ki-moon Is Coming to Town’ to the tune of ‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’.
Sir Francis Drake left all his money to the poor people of Plymouth.
Archers Way in Doncaster was formerly called Butt Hole Road.
John Lennon Facts
John Lennon admitted he used to be cruel to his woman and hit her as a youngster.
Jennifer Lopez Facts
The green Versace dress Jennifer Lopez wore to the 2000 Grammy Awards sparked the creation of Google Images.
Mariah Carey Facts
Mariah Carey is the only female artist (and second artist or group ever) to have 18 #1 songs on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts.