Fun Henry Ford Facts
1. Henry Ford was Charles Lindbergh's first passenger in the Spirit of St. Louis.
2. Henry Ford built his first car, the Quadricycle in a tool shed behind the house he was renting with this wife Clara.
3. Henry Ford named his cars with letters from the alphabet. The Model T was the most famous.
4. Henry Ford was the first of six children.
5. Henry Ford wouldn't let any of his workers drive the cars of his competitors, and he fired anyone who did.
6. Henry Ford was raised on a farm but disliked farm life.
7. Henry Ford never had a driver's license.
8. Henry Ford astonished the world in 1914 by offering a $5 per day wage ($110 today), which more than doubled the rate of most of his workers.
9. You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do. - Henry Ford
10. In 1916, 55% of all cars on American roads were Ford Model T's.
11. At one point in the early 60's, Henry Ford II (Henry Ford's grandson) tried to buy Ferrari.
12. Henry Ford produced the model T only in black because the black paint available at the time was the fastest to dry.
13. Henry Ford, father of the Automobile, is also father of the charcoal briquette.
14. In 1903 Henry Ford helped establish the Ford Motor Company.
Trending in People
Louis X Facts
At his execution, Louis XVI was too fat to fit into the guillotine.
Aristotle thought small penises were better because semen got cold in large ones.
Queen Elizabeth I owned two ‘unicorn horns’ that were supposed to purify water and cure sickness.
41 President Facts
Hugo Chavez, former president of Venezuela, hosted the chat show Aló Presidente every Sunday from 1999 to 2012.
Nikola Tesla Facts
Before eating, Nikola Tesla, the ‘father of electricity’, polished each piece of cutlery with 18 napkins.