Interesting Pope Facts
1. Some television stations would edit out parts of the Popeye cartoons due to offensive, racist portrayals of African-Americans.
2. When a pope dies, his seals are defaced and his ring is split in two.
3. Pope Francis claims that animals can go to heaven.
4. Popeye cartoons were so popular during the Great Depression, sales of spinach in America increased by 33%.
5. Catholics can reduce their time in purgatory by following the Pope of Twitter, according to the Vatican.
6. Pope Francis used to be a nightclub bouncer.
7. Pope Gregory I declared rabbit foetuses were marine animals and could be eaten during Lent.
8. According to Pope Francis, 1 in 50 Catholic clerics are allegedly pedophiles.
9. Pope Francis used to work as a bar bouncer in Buenos Aires.
10. Tom Brady is married to supermodel Gisele Bundchen and was blessed by Pope John II in 2004.
11. Pope Francis once washed and kissed the feet of 12 patients with AIDS.
12. Papaphobia is the fear of the Pope.
13. The original Popeye got his strength from rubbing a magic hen.
14. In the year 2000, Pope John Paul II was named an "Honorary Harlem Globetrotter.
15. The death of the Pope used to be confirmed by striking him in the head with a silver hammer.
16. In the comics, Popeye originally derived his great strength from rubbing the head of the Whiffle Hen.
17. Pope Francis used to work as a nightclub bouncer.
18. Pope Francis I used to work as a bouncer in a Buenos Aires nightclub.
Trending in People
Louis X Facts
At his execution, Louis XVI was too fat to fit into the guillotine.
Aristotle thought small penises were better because semen got cold in large ones.
Queen Elizabeth I owned two ‘unicorn horns’ that were supposed to purify water and cure sickness.
41 President Facts
Hugo Chavez, former president of Venezuela, hosted the chat show Aló Presidente every Sunday from 1999 to 2012.
Nikola Tesla Facts
Before eating, Nikola Tesla, the ‘father of electricity’, polished each piece of cutlery with 18 napkins.