84 Fun Body Facts
1. At 18 or even 21 nobody is worth stressing over, like move on, leave people behind, go find yourself, the world is yours. Life goes on.
2. Stress can result in more headaches as a result of the body rerouting blood flow to other parts of the body.
3. Having excessive body hair has been linked to having higher intellect.
4. Crying is good for your health, flushing unhealthy bacteria out of your body, strengthening the immune system and relieving stress.
5. The body's response to stress can temporarily boost memory and learning scores.
6. If all the blood vessels in your body were laid end to end, they would reach about 60,000 miles.
7. Most of your body is younger than you are.
8. In 1986, Michael Foot’s appointment as chair of a disarmament committee prompted The Times headline: ‘Foot Heads Arms Body.’ The body of the sea otter has a pouch across the front where it keeps rocks to break open shellfish.
9. You can actually be addicted to cheeseâ€”when your body digests it, opiates are released, triggering the addictive element.
10. The chance of an obese person attaining normal body weight is 1 in 210 for men and 1 in 124 for women, according to a new study.
11. Nobody's perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. But some mistakes will teach you great lessons and make you a better person.
12. It was calculated that the odds of a celestial body, like a meteor, landing on your house is 182,138,880,000,000 to 1.
13. Complaining online releases chemicals in your brain and body that help you counteract stress and feel better.
14. Being deceived raises your body's ability to perform physically.
15. Your brain burns 20% of your daily calories, despite only being 2% of your body mass.
16. Within three days of death, the enzymes that once digested your food begin to eat your body.
17. The cells in your body react to everything that your mind says. Negativity brings down your immune system.
18. After the Battle of Hastings, King Harold’s body was identified by the tattoo of his wife’s name over his heart.
19. Riding a roller coaster causes your body to release serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin to prepare for danger, leaving you feeling euphoric.
20. If you had every single muscle in your body work together at the same time, you could lift about 50,000 pounds.
21. A new fossil was found of a strange animal that has a worm like body, many legs, and long spikes.
22. Full-body CT scans expose people to similar levels of radiation as the atomic bombs used in Hiroshima.
23. One quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet.
24. Since water is denser than air, your body loses heat 25 times more quickly while in water than it would in air at the same temperature.
25. If all 600 muscles in your body pulled in one direction at once, you could lift 25 tons.
26. Justin Timberlake's 'Rock Your Body' was written by Pharrell for Michael Jackson's final album, Invincible.
27. Your brain consumes 20% of the body's energy.
28. Proprioception, or "body awareness," is the sense of knowing where your body parts are without having to look.
29. The body naturally secretes a chemical similar to marijuana to help ease pain.
30. If you think somebody is giving you a fake number, read it back to them incorrectly. See if they correct you.
31. Having a large amount of hair on your body is linked to having higher intelligence
32. "White girl wasted" = One who is intoxicated to the Caucasian female standards & can hardly keep their body up without assistance.
33. Every year about 98% of the atoms in your body are replaced.
34. Ice cream actually makes your body warmer because of its fat content.
35. 38% of men claim they would sacrifice at least a year of their life in exchange for a perfect body.
36. Having excessive body hair is linked to having higher intellect
37. No one has a perfect life. Everybody has their own problems. Some people just know how to deal with it in a perfect way.
38. Ice Cream actually makes your body warmer due to it fat content.
39. It only takes blood 60 seconds to make a complete circuit through your body
40. The happier you are, the more antibodies your body generates – up to 50 percent more!
41. 1 out of every 100 people are psychopaths and they look just like everybody else.
42. An average dairy cow produces four times its body weight in manure each year.
43. A muscular person has a higher alcohol tolerance than someone with more body fat. Water-rich muscle tissues absorb alcohol more effectively.
44. In one Scooby Doo episode, Daphne is "cursed" with a size 8 body, causing controversy over why that would be considered a curse.
45. There's a big difference between somebody who wants you, and somebody who would do anything to keep you. Remember that.
46. Drinking 16 ounces of cold water on an empty stomach will increase your body fat by 30%.
47. An orgasm is also called "small death" because it can trigger a near death experience, causing one to feel like they are leaving their body.
48. Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.
49. Studies have found that tea can help the body recover from radiation.
50. Complaining online can release chemicals in your brain and body, that help you counteract stress and feel better.
51. Most of the people feel uncomfortable when the TV volume is not divisible by 2 or 5 and nobody knows why.
52. Taller people tend to have more back problems, neck pain, & body tension than shorter people have.
53. Deep breathing can help release tension and toxins from your body.
54. Studies show that body weight is about 80 percent attributable to the genes one inherits.
55. Every day, the human body makes 300 billion new cells, three times as many as there are galaxies in the universe.
56. A male rhinoceros beetle can lift 850 times its own body weight.
57. Every three seconds, 50 million cells in your body die and are replaced.
58. If you think somebody is giving you a fake number, read it back to them incorrectly. See if they correct you
59. Fleas can jump 50-100 TIMES their own body height! Also, they can accelerate 50 times faster than a space shuttle taking off!
60. When threatened, vultures vomit to lighten their body weight so they can escape more easily into flight.
61. Sweating detoxifies the body.
62. An "ultracrepidarian" is somebody who gives opinions on subjects they know nothing about.
63. 30% of women would give up at least a year of their life in order to achieve their perfect body weight and shape.
64. Drinking coffee or tea makes your body absorb less vitamins.
65. Envy is the desire to possess something someone else has, while jealousy is the fear of losing something you have to somebody else
66. Drinking a single glass of wine daily will add 10 lbs of body mass after a year.
67. The longer a whisky is aged, the longer it takes for your body to get rid of the alcohol.
68. Some insurance policies will now pay to freeze your dead body (suspended in liquid nitrogen) with the aim of reviving it in the future.
69. When someone tickles you, your laughter is a panic response and the sensation is similar to that of having bugs crawl on your body.
70. As a fetus, you tricked your mother into giving you more food by releasing vast quantities of hormones that her body believed were her own.
71. Body part models (hands, legs, etc.) earn around $1,000 a day for TV commercials, and between $2,000-$5,000 a day for print work.
72. In one Scooby Doo episode, Daphne is 'cursed' with a size 8 body, causing controversy over why that would be considered a curse.
73. You know that tingly little feeling you get when you fall for someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
74. The leech has 32 brains. One is located in each segmentation of the body.
75. Tip: If you think somebody is giving you a fake number, read it back to them incorrectly. See if they correct you.
76. Smiling immediately releases endorphins in your body, changing your mood and relieving stress.
77. The heart pumps 2,000 gallons of blood through your body each day.
78. Nowadays you can be everything somebody ever wanted and still get played.
79. Drinking cold water actually causes your body to burn calories, as they are absorbed by the water as it warms to body temperature.
80. One in every 112,994 surgeries is performed on the wrong person or body part.
81. Being alone weakens your body. Having friends strengthens your body by 75%.
82. For a butterfly to fly it must have a body temperature of no less than 86 degrees fahrenheit or 30 degrees celsius.
83. Catfish use their whole entire body to taste.
84. "After my sister died we cremated her favorite doll with her body. The next day, I saw the doll sitting perfectly on her bed."
Trending in Science
84 Body Facts
In 1986, Michael Foot’s appointment as chair of a disarmament committee prompted The Times headline: ‘Foot Heads Arms Body.’ The body of the sea otter has a pouch across the front where it keeps rocks to break open shellfish.
23 Nobel Prizes for Medicine have been won as a result of research on guinea pigs.
27 Titan Facts
‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
43 Moon Facts
Alan Shepard took a peanut to the Moon. When he brought it back, Steve McQueen tried to eat it.
31 Mind Facts
The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
‘Email’ is a 16th-century word meaning ‘enamel’.
Saturn's rings are about 500,000 miles in circumference but only about a foot thick.
The atmosphere of Venus is made up mainly of carbon dioxide.
In 1897, Bayer, who is the maker of Aspirin, marketed the drug heroin.