Interesting Medical Facts
1. Sloppy medical handwriting kills more than 7,000 people every year.
2. The only difference between Tylenol Cold and Tylenol Flu is the box, they have the exact same medical ingredients.
3. Jackie Chan trains his stuntmen and pays their medical bills out of pocket.
4. Dr. Oz said his TV series, "The Dr. Oz Show," "is not a medical show."
5. Studies show that people (including medical personnel) subconsciously believe that white individuals feel more pain than black individuals.
6. Acrorthosis is a medical condition in which a man may have too many erections too often.
7. The medical term for "butt crack" is "intergluteal cleft."
8. Over the past 20 years, medical researchers have found that a glass of red wine a day can prevent heart attacks and even fight cancer.
9. It has been medically proven that laughter is an effective pain killer.
10. Two-thirds of all bankruptcies in the US are caused by medical bills.
11. The doctor who claimed there was a link between autism and vaccines, lost his medical license for creating fraudulent data for the study.
12. 'Veisalgia' is the medical term for hangover.
13. Every dollar spent on the rubella, measles, and mumps vaccine saves the U.S. $23.30 in medical costs, according to CDC data.
14. As many as 400,000 hospital patients are killed each year due to preventable medical errors.
15. A man once robbed a bank for $1 so he could be arrested and sent to jail for free medical health care.
16. Over 250 dead people have been cryogenically frozen and are waiting until the day medical science can revive them.
Trending in Science
84 Body Facts
In 1986, Michael Foot’s appointment as chair of a disarmament committee prompted The Times headline: ‘Foot Heads Arms Body.’ The body of the sea otter has a pouch across the front where it keeps rocks to break open shellfish.
23 Nobel Prizes for Medicine have been won as a result of research on guinea pigs.
27 Titan Facts
‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
43 Moon Facts
Alan Shepard took a peanut to the Moon. When he brought it back, Steve McQueen tried to eat it.
31 Mind Facts
The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
‘Email’ is a 16th-century word meaning ‘enamel’.
29 Universe Facts
A ‘googolplex’ is a number so vast it can’t be written down: there’s not enough room in the universe for all the zeros.
Saturn's rings are about 500,000 miles in circumference but only about a foot thick.