31 Impressive Mind Facts
1. Once you've noticed the fear inside you, remind yourself that it's all in the mind and that 80% of fears NEVER HAPPEN
2. People suffering from depression may actually have a more accurate perception of reality than those with healthy minds.
3. Over thinking is psychologically harmful because the mind replays negative experiences in an endless loop which causes emotional stress
4. Pronoia is defined as the opposite state of mind to paranoia: having the sense that there is a conspiracy that exists to help the person.
5. Studies show that pretending not to miss someone actually causes your mind to miss them even more.
6. Five simple rules for happiness
1. Free your heart from hatred
2. Free your mind from worries
3. Live simply
4. Give more
5. Expect less
7. Euneirophrenia - A peaceful state of mind following a pleasant dream.
8. A study found that just 15 minutes of mindfulness meditation can help free the mind of biased thinking.
9. Being sarcastic on a regular basis can add up to 3 years to your life. Sarcasm is extremely healthy for the mind.
10. A negative mind will never give you a positive life.
11. Although our minds always want to minimize surprise and confusion, we'll grow rather bored without a little disruption to our patterns.
12. Hearing your name being called, when no one has actually called your name, is a likely sign of a healthy mind.
13. Hearing someone call your name when no one has actually called your name is the sign of a healthy mind.
14. Studying or working in your room? Keep your shoes on. Your mind associate having your shoes on with being busy.
15. Hearing your name being called when no one has actually called your name is a likely sign of a healthy mind.
16. Hearing your name when no one is actually calling you is likely a sign of a healthy mind.
17. Being sarcastic on a regular basis can add up to 3 yrs to your life. Sarcasm is extremely healthy for the mind.
18. Remember, the girls who say, "a lot of guys are after me", should keep in mind that low prices always attract many customers.
19. Ironically, hearing someone call out your name when no one has actually called your name is a sign of a healthy mind.
20. Head into 2015 with a clear mind bc 2014 is almost over. Remember all the good memories and forget the bad ones, get ready for 2015 now.
21. Psychological studies suggest that pretending not to miss someone tricks the mind into missing that person even more.
22. Over thinking changes nothing, it messes with your mind and literally steals your happiness.
23. Forgetting is important for a healthy mind: Letting go of memories supports a sound state of mind.
24. losing my mind but i look like im fine
25. Remember the five simple rules to be happy: Free your heart from hatred. Free your mind from worries. Live simply. Give more. Expect less.
26. The last person on your mind before you close your eyes at night is either the reason for your happiness or pain.
27. Hearing your name being called, when no one has actually called your name, is a likely sign of a healthy mind
28. The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
29. Forgetting is key to a healthy mind: Letting go of memories supports a sound state of mind.
30. Stop letting it bother you, just let it go. Your mind can only take so much.
31. Most of your dreams are reflective of your state of mind at that point in time. Your emotions can shape the dreams you have.
Trending in Science
23 Nobel Prizes for Medicine have been won as a result of research on guinea pigs.
27 Titan Facts
‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
43 Moon Facts
Alan Shepard took a peanut to the Moon. When he brought it back, Steve McQueen tried to eat it.
31 Mind Facts
The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
‘Email’ is a 16th-century word meaning ‘enamel’.
29 Universe Facts
A ‘googolplex’ is a number so vast it can’t be written down: there’s not enough room in the universe for all the zeros.
Saturn's rings are about 500,000 miles in circumference but only about a foot thick.
The atmosphere of Venus is made up mainly of carbon dioxide.