Amazing Nose Facts
1. When bacon is rolled into a plug and inserted into the nose, it can stop chronic and uncontrollable nose bleeds
2. Face hole Definition: The hole of a face such as: a mouth, nose, eye sockets, and or ears. Frank: Hey jose! Shut your face hole will ya!
3. Our eyes are the same size from birth, But noses and ears never stop growing.
4. Women who are not active at their work or in their leisure time are 2.4 times more likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer.
5. You can teach your ferret to blow his nose into a cloth handkerchief. That actually comes quite naturally.
6. You can always see your nose, but your brain has the ability to ignore it.
7. Naegleria fowleri is an amoeba that enters through your nose and eats at your brain until you die.
8. Your eyes are always the same size from both, but your nose and ears will never stop growing.
9. Nose prints are used to identify dogs, just like humans use fingerprints.
10. The yellow-nosed albatross doesn't breed until it's 8 years old.
11. Children diagnosed with ADHD have a much higher risk of developing a written language disorder.
12. Your nose can remember nearly 50,000 different scents and if you are a woman, on average, your nose can remember more than men.
13. Your thumb is the same length as your nose. Also, the length of your lips is the same as the index finger.
14. 45: average number of times per hour people touch their eyes, mouth or nose - all entry points for infection.
15. Your thumb is the same length as your nose.
16. Men are 35% more likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer than a woman is to be diagnosed with breast cancer.
17. Inhale through your mouth, swallow saliva twice and slowly exhale through your nose for a 100% effective hiccup cure.
18. Ants have 5 different noses.
19. Obsessive nose picking is called Rhinotillexomania.
20. What girls look for in guys:
21. King Tut had his own personal nose-picker whom he hired for the low price of three head of cattle, food and lodging.
23. You get a runny nose when your mucus kicks into overdrive in an attempt to shed the virus or sickness attacking your body.
24. Your nose gets hotter when you lie - this is known as the "Pinocchio effect."
25. To survive a crocodile attack, poke it in the eyes. If you can't reach, punch it in the nose
26. A man is 35% more likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer than a woman is to be diagnosed with breast cancer.
27. Mustaches are hotbeds for bacteria because of the moist air leaving the body through the nose and mouth.
28. When you cry, some of the tears flood into the nasal canal which is why you experience a runny nose when crying.
29. Some of the most popular dog names in Medieval times were Nosewise, Smylfeste, Bragge, and Holdfast.
Trending in Science
115 Star Facts
The word ‘suffragette’ started out as an insult coined by the Daily Mail.
84 Body Facts
In 1986, Michael Foot’s appointment as chair of a disarmament committee prompted The Times headline: ‘Foot Heads Arms Body.’ The body of the sea otter has a pouch across the front where it keeps rocks to break open shellfish.
23 Nobel Prizes for Medicine have been won as a result of research on guinea pigs.
27 Titan Facts
‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
43 Moon Facts
Alan Shepard took a peanut to the Moon. When he brought it back, Steve McQueen tried to eat it.
31 Mind Facts
The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
‘Email’ is a 16th-century word meaning ‘enamel’.
29 Universe Facts
A ‘googolplex’ is a number so vast it can’t be written down: there’s not enough room in the universe for all the zeros.
Saturn's rings are about 500,000 miles in circumference but only about a foot thick.