56 Fascinating Scientist Facts
1. Scientists estimate that there's a 2% chance of confirming extraterrestrial life within the next 10 years.
2. Scientists have figured out a way to unboil an egg.
3. Scientists concluded that the chicken came first not the egg: because the protein which makes egg shells is only produced by hens.
4. Scientists say, closing your eyes when thinking about something can make it easier to remember.
5. Scientists have developed chopsticks that test your food to make sure it's ok to eat.
6. Scientists believe that untidy and unmade beds are healthier for us than neat and made beds.
7. Scientists have no idea how dinosaurs mated.
8. Scientists say the brain purposely forgets certain memories in order to avoid information overload, and emotional hangovers.
9. Scientists believe that there is a black hole at the center of nearly every massive galaxy.
10. Scientists have created a way for dentists to apply anesthetic using a tiny electric current instead of a needle.
11. Scientists still have no idea what hymens are for.
12. Dr. Robert Lanza, voted the 3rd most important scientist alive has no doubts that Quantum Theory proves consciousness continues after death.
13. Scientists can predict your lifespan by observing your natural walking speed.
14. Scientists have developed a beer that has electrolytes, making it more hydrating and refreshing.
15. Scientists have invented hydrating, hangover-free beer.
16. Scientists have treated a man they believe to be the first patient with internet addiction disorder brought on by overuse of Google Glass.
17. Scientists have found that babies sometimes cry at night to prevent their parents from making another baby.
18. Scientists have created a mind controlled computer.
19. Scientists created a lab-grown burger that took 3 months to grow and cost over $300,000 in research.
20. Scientists estimate that in less than 200 years, we will have discovered every type of dinosaur.
21. Scientists have found that all mammals weighing more than 2.2 pounds (a kilogram) empty their full bladders in about 20 seconds.
22. Scientists have begun to study vultures' unique senses and abilities and are considering using the birds to help find bodies from crimes.
23. Dieting could force your brain to eat itself, scientists say.
24. Scientists have found evidence to suggest that cannibalism was a normal behaviour for our ancestors.
25. Scientist say, our dreams can often warn us of things that have yet to happen.
26. Scientists have used stem cells to grow a tiny brain in a lab.
27. Scientists have developed a microparticle filled with oxygen that can be injected into the bloodstream, so we can live without breathing.
28. Scientists have cured arachnophobia by making patients stare at spider-like objects, such as dreadlocks or a tripod.
29. Scientists have discovered a giant cloud of alcohol â€“ spanning 288 billion miles â€“ floating in space.
30. Scientists noticed that children, who are avid watchers of the cartoon SpongeBob Squarepants, tend to have learning problems later on
31. Scientists claim that chins have no use and humans have prominent chins as a side effect of the rest of the face evolving to be smaller.
32. Scientists want to bring 24 animals back from extinction. They call it 'de-extinction.'
33. Scientists estimate that a human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it has been decapitated.
34. Scientists can grow bacon from stem cells.
35. Scientists have created a solar-powered bikini to charge your phone at the beach.
36. Scientists have discovered a new part of the human bodyâ€”a system of vessels in the brain that will help us understand neurological diseases.
37. Scientists now accept that we can bring dinosaurs back into the world using bird DNA.
38. Scientists have found a way to make videos of thoughts in your brain, their next step is to visualize dreams.
39. Scientists in Mexico have discovered a way to make diamonds out of tequila.
40. Scientists have created a tractor beam.
41. Scientists say that the universe is precisely 13.75 billion years old.
42. Due to the new discovery of many brain parasites, Scientist say that a Zombie Apocalypse is actually possible.
43. When neuroscientist James Fallon studied the brain scans of murderers using his own scan as a control, he discovered he was a psychopath.
44. Scientists say that animals avoid high voltage power lines because of flashing UV light that is undetectable to humans.
45. Scientists are able to create brain cells out of pee.
46. Scientists once spliced human brain genes with lab mice and were able to produce smarter mice.
47. Scientists have made tattoos that generate electricity from sweat.
48. Scientists recently discovered a 3,500 year old tablet containing what is believed to be the world's oldest recorded 'yo mamma' joke.
49. Scientists are creating glow in the dark trees to replace street lights.
50. Scientists claim that the brain purposely forgets certain memories in order to avoid information overload, and emotional hangovers.
51. A 2009 search for the Loch Ness Monster came up empty. Scientists did find over 100,000 golf balls.
52. Scientists have found that chocolate has a chemical that helps counteract depression.
53. Scientists think that 200,000 years ago there were many different types of humanoids and it was like Lord of the Rings.
54. Scientists estimate that laughing 100 times is equivalent to a 10-minute workout on a rowing machine
55. Taste is influenced by color. Scientists have found that hot chocolate tastes better in an orange colored cup.
56. Scientists are considering whitening the clouds to combat global warming.
Trending in Science
115 Star Facts
The word ‘suffragette’ started out as an insult coined by the Daily Mail.
84 Body Facts
In 1986, Michael Foot’s appointment as chair of a disarmament committee prompted The Times headline: ‘Foot Heads Arms Body.’ The body of the sea otter has a pouch across the front where it keeps rocks to break open shellfish.
23 Nobel Prizes for Medicine have been won as a result of research on guinea pigs.
27 Titan Facts
‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
31 Mind Facts
The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
‘Email’ is a 16th-century word meaning ‘enamel’.
29 Universe Facts
A ‘googolplex’ is a number so vast it can’t be written down: there’s not enough room in the universe for all the zeros.
In 1897, Bayer, who is the maker of Aspirin, marketed the drug heroin.