57 Fascinating Skin Facts
1. For oily skin, mash one banana with a teaspoon of honey and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Apply to face for 10 minutes, rinse.
2. The Apple Watch cannot detect tattooed skin, causing it to lock and throw off heart rate readings when worn on a tattooed wrist
3. Maggots will only eat flesh if it is dead. For this reason, they are often used to remove the burnt skin from severe burn patients.
4. Wearing skinny jeans can cause nerve damage in your legs, a condition called "tingling thigh syndrome."
5. Yes skinny girls are attractive but curvy girls are just as gorgeous,Look at the girl in my last tweet,she looked much better before dieting
6. The bagpipe was originally made from the whole skin of a dead sheep.
7. There are spray-on skin cells that adhere quickly to wounds and speed healing.
8. About 15% of the air you breathe in an average metro station is human skin.
9. In weight-loss commercials they typically have a skinny person gain and then lose weight for the before/after pictures
10. The depressed area of skin under your nose and above your upper lip is called your philtrum.
11. Simply rubbing the inside of a banana peel against your skin will brighten up and tone your skin, help reduce acne, and enhance your glow.
12. In the next 30 seconds, you will, on average, produce 72 million red blood cells, shed 174,000 skin cells, and have 25 thoughts.
13. People with darker skin do not wrinkle as fast as people with lighter skin.
14. The border of your lips is called the vermilion-skin border.
15. Asking for forgiveness causes the recipient to be more forgiving in the future.
16. In 2009, scientists announced a skin disorder they called 'PlayStation palmar hidradenitis' caused by too much video game playing.
17. An 18 year old freshmen funded his education by asking 2.8 million people for one penny.
18. Humans only need to shower every two to three days â€” a daily shower can cause irritated and cracked skin.
19. The number of skin cancer cases due to tanning is higher than the number of lung cancer cases due to smoking.
20. The Merriam-Webster dictionary officially recognizes "wenis" as "the extra skin on your elbow."
21. In 1950, BF Skinner taught 2 pigeons to play ping pong by using positive reinforcement.
22. Smiling naturally lifts the muscles in the face and slows down the rate at which our facial skins age.
23. Baby foreskins are commonly used in cosmetic treatments.
24. Bitch Definition: Any girl who is skinnier or prettier than you.
25. Before you assume, try asking first.
26. Drinking white or green tea every day will minimize the environmental damage done to your skin, and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
27. You can see the internal organs of the Nicaragua giant glass frog because it has transparent skin.
28. Alexander the Great was said to have skin that smelled so good, it would perfume his clothes.
29. Every second, you make 500 new skin cells.
30. Cleaner fish help out other fish by removing parasites and dead skin from their scales.
31. While filling a bath, drop in 5-10 green tea bags. This will detox your body, relax you, and give your skin a bountiful amount of minerals!
32. The Incredible Hulk's green skin color was originally a result of printing error (he was originally grey) that Stan Lee liked.
33. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
34. Lemon water helps clean the toxins out of our bodies. When you get rid of toxic waste in your system, your skin will show it first
35. Our Society: Skinny = anorexic, thick = obese, virgin = too good, non-virgin = slut, friendly = fake, quiet = rude.
36. According to one study, fifty percent of men say a girl asking them out is a turn-on.
37. People with dark skin are 20 times less likely to get skin cancer than people with pale skin.
38. People hear not only with their ears, but also skin and eyes.
39. Lighter skin in humans evolved only recently, maybe only 10,000 years ago, probably in response to more clothing and limited diet.
40. Blue sharks tend to bite and nip each other during courtship. To cope, the females have skin that's twice as thick.
41. As much as you may hate them, cold showers are much better for your hair and skin.
42. Stuck in a large crowd? Put pennies in a can and shake it, asking people to donate. Everyone will move to avoid you
43. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
44. A few U.S. libraries still carry library books that were bound with human skin.
45. Dimples may be cute, but they are an inherited genetic flaw caused by a fibrous band of tissue that connects the skin to an underlying bone.
46. The mango is the most popular fruit in the world. It also prevents cancer, clears skin and lowers cholesterol.
47. Many frogs can actually drink and breathe through their skin
48. In 1987, an 18 year old freshmen named Mike Hayes funded his education by asking 2.8 million people for one penny.
49. The most powerful way to win an argument is by asking questions. It can make people see the flaws in their logic.
50. Humans actually have 9 senses not 5 including thermoception, the sense of heat (or its absence) on our skin
51. Applying vodka on your face cleanses the skin, tightens pores and can prevent acne breakouts.
52. Smoking cigarettes is horrible for your skin and body + overall health. #QuitSmoking
53. Asking for small favors from people can make you more likable.
54. Wearing skinny jeans can cause nerve damage in your legs, a condition called "tingling thigh syndrome.
55. According to a study, the average human sheds their entire outer skin layer every 2-4 weeks.
56. Applying vodka on your face cleanses the skin, tightens pores and prevents acne breakouts.
57. Curvy women may be more intelligent than skinny women due to fatty acids in their hips that improve their mental abilities, a study found.
Trending in Science
115 Star Facts
The word ‘suffragette’ started out as an insult coined by the Daily Mail.
84 Body Facts
In 1986, Michael Foot’s appointment as chair of a disarmament committee prompted The Times headline: ‘Foot Heads Arms Body.’ The body of the sea otter has a pouch across the front where it keeps rocks to break open shellfish.
23 Nobel Prizes for Medicine have been won as a result of research on guinea pigs.
27 Titan Facts
‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
43 Moon Facts
Alan Shepard took a peanut to the Moon. When he brought it back, Steve McQueen tried to eat it.
31 Mind Facts
The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
‘Email’ is a 16th-century word meaning ‘enamel’.
29 Universe Facts
A ‘googolplex’ is a number so vast it can’t be written down: there’s not enough room in the universe for all the zeros.