115 Fascinating Star Facts
1. Shrews can starve to death 2 or 3 hours after a meal.
2. A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation.
3. A sympathetic pregnancy is when an expecting father starts gaining weight, getting morning sickness and feels cramps in his lower abdomen.
5. Zachary Quinto, who played Spock in the newest Star Trek movies, had to have his fingers glued together to do the Vulcan salute.
6. There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on the earth.
7. According to several physicists, blowing up the Death Star II in "Return of the Jedi" would have killed all of the Ewoks on Endor.
8. People who volunteer are 25-46% more likely to find a partner and start a romantic relationship within a year.
9. People in Cameroon gathered money in 1931 to send to "starving Americans". The total amount gathered was $3.77.
10. Those stars and colors you see when you rub your eyes are called phosphenes.
11. If you start dating at 20 years old and date 2 new people a year, your chances of marrying the best possible person at 30 are 1 in 40.
12. If you tickle a rat every day, it’ll start laughing as soon as it sees you.
13. Not one of the Star Trek TV shows or films contains the words ‘Beam me up, Scotty.’ The 1960s US TV show Lost in Space was set in 1997.
14. Never ignore a person who loves and cares for you, because one day you may realize that you've lost the moon while counting the stars
15. If you think someone was staring at you: Yawn. If they yawn back they were staring.
16. A magnetar is a neutron star that has fields so magnetic, it can rip you apart from over 600 miles away.
17. If you starve a pig for a few days it will happily consume a human.
18. Cults are usually started by a small group of normal people who share the same interests.
19. In 1915, doctors believed that a menstruating woman could kill an entire colony of bees with her stare.
20. According to one survey, men spend nearly a year of their life simply staring at women.
21. Every atom that is inside your body and every atom around you was once part of a star.
22. If you jumped off a ledge 5 feet from the surface of a neutron star, you would hit the ground at a speed of 4,000,000 miles per hour.
23. The younger you are when you start drinking, the more likely you are to have a problem with alcohol.
24. Mae Jemison, the first African-American woman to go to space, was also the first real astronaut to appear on "Star Trek."
25. Men like women who are nice and responsive at a first meeting, while women prefer a man to be a bit more aloof at the start, research shows.
26. Dell computers was started in 1984 by a 19-year-old with only $1000.
27. The names of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
28. The "Thomas the Tank Engine" franchise has been narrated by Ringo Starr, George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, and Pierce Brosnan.
29. The "NOW" music albums started way back in 1983 on Vinyl and Cassette.
30. Babies start dancing to music at 6-7 months of age.
31. If you start to feel light headed after you stood up too quickly, tighten your abs super hard.
32. If a song is close to 60 beats per minute, people will start to breathe in time with the music, slow their heart rate and become relaxed.
33. "I did shrooms at a pool and the water tasted like a blue raspberry lollipop and I kept licking the water and people were staring at me" -SC
34. Subway was started by 17 year-old, Frank DeLuca who was only looking for a way to pay for medical school.
35. Start your day by thinking positive thoughts and you will have a positive day.
36. Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.
37. here are about 2,000 species of sea stars. Some live in deep water, some in tropical areas, some in cold water.
38. UPS was started by two teenagers with one bicycle and $100 borrowed from a friend.
39. All people start out as females until 60 days into pregnancy.
40. While free to watch online, the single ticket price for attending a TED talk starts at $8,500.
41. Dogs can understand that when we look at them and then stare at something, they should turn their attention to it.
42. Ringo Starr originally wanted to be a hairdresser.
43. Instead of blood, sea stars have a water vascular system, in which the sea star pumps sea water through its sieve plate,
44. Around the age of 10, Shia LaBeouf started doing stand-up at a Pasadena comedy club.
45. Robin Williams' favorite television shows were 'Doctor Who' and 'Star Trek.'
46. Women are automatically more attracted to guys who make an effort to start the conversation, showing initiative and consistency.
47. Shooting a gun causes the same startled chemical reaction in the brain as a passionate kiss
48. A hole-in-the-wall noodle shop offering dishes less than $1.50 earned a coveted Michelin Star.
49. After four days without sleep you will start to hallucinate.
50. If you stare into a mirror in low light for a few minutes, your brain will get bored and begin to make imaginary monsters.
51. Paul McCartney had a dream about his deceased mother, Mary, who calmly told him to 'let it be." He started writing the song the next day.
52. Study shows that a sweaty handshake might be the start of a romantic partnership.
53. The best marriage will start as a friendship. Marrying someone you consider a close friend reduces the divorce rate by 80%.
54. The child actor who plays the carefree Luke Dunphy on Modern Family is a member of high IQ society Mensa and is ready to start college.
55. In 1968, Star Trek featured the first interracial kiss on American television.
56. The mortality rate of pop stars is 1.7 times higher than average.
57. Shy people usually end up being some of the coolest people you know after you start talking to them.
58. Humans start lying by the age of 4.
59. The word "crisp" starts at the back of your mouth and ends at the front.
60. A number of studies show 'work-life balance' as the main reason people start their own small businesses.
61. Diseases like whooping cough and the measles have been on the rise in the U.S. since the anti-vaccination movement started.
62. A study found that kids who try a sip of alcohol before 6th grade are more likely to start drinking by the time they enter high school.
63. Starting first grade before age six is linked to earlier death, according to a study.
64. There is no possible way to remember how your dreams started.
65. Amazingly, sea stars can regenerate lost arms.
66. Groaking is a word for staring at someone while they are eating in the hope that they will give you some of their food.
67. If you think someone was staring at you:
2. If they yawn, they were staring.
68. I hate it when a dog starts barking and then every other dog nearby retweets him.
69. As embryos, the first human part to develop is the anus. So in a way, all human beings start off as assholes.
70. According to one study, later school start times improve sleep and daytime functioning in students.
71. When you delete the unnecessary people from your life, good things will start happening for you and it won't be a coincidence.
72. Although sea stars live underwater and are commonly called "starfish," they are not fish.
73. The U.S. national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner", actually has four verses, though Americans traditionally sing only the first verse.
74. Pole dancing started in 1135 AD and was mostly done by men.
75. Remember, for everything you have lost, you have gained something else. Without the dark, you would never see the stars.
76. Ghostface Killah, Method Man, and Ol' Dirty Bastard of the Wu-Tang Clan derived their rapper names from their favorite kung-fu characters.
77. Humans are all susceptible to a phenomenon called 'Illusion of Truth' -- After repeatedly hearing a lie, we start to believe it's true.
78. More than half of all teenagers are sleep deprived, thanks in part to early school start times.
79. Mad Men star, Jon Hamm once was a set-dresser for soft pornographic films.
80. Bitch stare A look given by girls to other girls to intimidate. U look right up & down, then look into their eyes like Â¬_Â¬ and walk off
81. If you ask for small things, then work up to big things, people are more likely to say yes than if you start off with a huge favor.
82. Every single atom in your body was created in a star, billions of years ago.
83. Children start to compete with each other by the time they are ten.
84. People become more anxious about their looks after staring in a mirror for a long period of time.
85. Starfish and Jellyfish are not actually fish.
86. The more stars a black hole consumes, the larger it becomes.
87. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world.
88. Never ignore a person who loves and cares for you, because one day you may realize that you've lost the moon while counting the stars.
89. The word ‘suffragette’ started out as an insult coined by the Daily Mail.
90. People in Cameroon gathered money in 1931 to send to 'starving Americans'. The total amount gathered was $3.77.
91. Pee shy? Start multiplying random numbers in your head. The same part of the brain controls both tasks and will help you get it started.
92. People whose names start with '˜A' have the longest life expectancy.
93. One origin of the reason for not pointing at someone is the ancient belief that one could transfer evil spirits by staring and pointing.
94. The odds of a coin flip are not 50-50, but actually 51-49. It will most likely land facing the same direction as it started.
95. Tony Stark is $2.4 billion richer than Bruce Wayne.
96. Stephen Hawking was the first and only guest in any Star Trek series to play himself.
97. The average male spends a total of 43 minutes a day staring at 10 different women
98. Start smiling! Laughter is proven to reduce stress, improve the blood flow and reduce heart problems.
99. The average female porn star is a 5'5'³ brunette woman who weighs 117 lbs and has B-cup breasts.
100. Martin Luther King Jr. was a huge Star Trek fan.
101. Leonard Nimoy who played Mr Spock in the original Star Trek has died aged 83. RIP.
102. Humans are starting to live for documenting life events with photos and online posts, instead actually living for the event.
103. Start off your day with pâ˜®sitivity
104. Sea stars have an eye spot at the end of each arm. This is a very simple eye that looks like a red spot.
105. No female wants to start over with a new guy. Telling secrets, giving her body away. Falling all over again. Too much.
106. 'I have a bad feeling about this' has been said in every Star Wars movie.
107. The number of H2O molecules in 10 drops of water are equal to the number of all the stars in the universe.
108. The "Alphabet song," "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep" all use the exact same melody.
109. u know a girl is mad when she starts off her sentence saying 'I just find it funny how' bc there's a 99.9% chance she did not find it funny
110. The day you stop caring what other people think about you, is the day you start enjoying life.
111. A one-year delay in a child starting kindergarten dramatically reduces ADHD risks and leads to higher academic achievement later on.
112. Morgan Freeman has starred in 76 films and has received 105 academy awards/nominations.
113. One man is planning to create a fully functional Starship Enterprise by 2034.
114. Babies start dreaming even before they are born.
115. "A white girl sucked my dick so good that I stopped wearing Jordans and started wearing sperrys" -Sandalwood HS
Trending in Science
115 Star Facts
The word ‘suffragette’ started out as an insult coined by the Daily Mail.
84 Body Facts
In 1986, Michael Foot’s appointment as chair of a disarmament committee prompted The Times headline: ‘Foot Heads Arms Body.’ The body of the sea otter has a pouch across the front where it keeps rocks to break open shellfish.
23 Nobel Prizes for Medicine have been won as a result of research on guinea pigs.
27 Titan Facts
‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
43 Moon Facts
Alan Shepard took a peanut to the Moon. When he brought it back, Steve McQueen tried to eat it.
31 Mind Facts
The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
‘Email’ is a 16th-century word meaning ‘enamel’.
Saturn's rings are about 500,000 miles in circumference but only about a foot thick.