51 Awesome Sun Facts
1. The sun is white and only appears yellow to us due to atmospheric scattering of blue light
2. The supermassive black hole in the center of our galaxy has 4 million times the mass of the Sun.
3. It takes eight and a half minutes for light to get from the sun to earth.
4. roses are red
violets are blue
sunflowers are yellow
i bet u were expecting something romantic but nah these some gardening facts
5. The center of the Sun is about 27 million degrees Fahrenheit (15 million ?C).
6. Watching the sunset and or rise at least 2-3 times per week can fight off depression and help you live longer.
7. Heliophobia is the fear of the sun or sunlight.
8. When nails grow long, we cut the nails not fingers. Similarity when misunderstanding grow up, cut the ego, not your relationship.
9. The solar system consists of a central star, the sun and the bodies that orbit it.
10. DAM ARE YOU THE SUN? B/C YOU NEED TO STAY ABOUT 92,960,000 MILES AWAY FROM ME
11. Any month that begins on a Sunday has a Friday the 13th.
12. A comet's tail always points away from the sun.
13. It takes Several hundred thousand years for newly made photons (light) to travel from the core of the sun to it's surface.
14. Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
15. A sunburn is the result of your skin cells committing mass suicide to protect you from their damaged DNA, which can cause cancer.
16. 'Nothing is promised but the sunrise'
17. A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface.
18. Each day, 4.5 pounds of sunlight strike the earth.
19. The sun is about five billion years old and will continue to shine for about another five billion years.
20. Every three seconds, the Sun emits more neutrinos than the number of atoms in all the humans who have ever lived.
21. Lightning Bolts are the same temperature as the surface of the Sun.
22. No one in the world RISES suddenly not even the SUN.....
23. You are so beautiful that you give the sun a reason to shine.
24. In about 600 million years, the moon will appear too small to cover the sun, and there will be no more total solar eclipses.
25. The sun's core is so hot that a piece of it the size of a pinhead would give off enough heat to kill a person 160 kilometres away.
26. The sun is white, not yellow.
27. Research has shown that the sun impacts our productivity at work and school. Workers in offices with constant sunlight and large windows have been shown to be both more efficient with their time and more accurate in completing their tasks.
28. It takes 492 seconds for sunlight to reach the Earth!
29. The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth.
30. The largest known star is 4,982,686,912 times bigger than the sun, and is only 9,500 light-years away.
31. A new taxi service picks up hungover partiers for work and gives them breakfast, mints, sunglasses, and oj.
32. The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth!
33. Photic Sneeze Reflex or "Sun Sneezing" is a condition affecting a quarter of the population and makes them sneeze after looking into light.
34. Only 55% of Americans know that the sun is a star.
35. The Sun takes 220 million years to orbit the galaxy, a journey it has made 20 times so far.
36. Per gram per second, more energy runs through a sunflower than through the Sun itself.
37. 1 million earths could fit into the sun.
38. Every minute, enough sunlight hits the surface of the earth to power the world for an entire year.
39. Those who spend more time in the sun are happier, more optimistic and less likely to suffer from depression.
40. A ten-year-old girl saved 100 people from the 2004 tsunami when she recognized the warning signs from a geography class.
41. When a supernova unleashes a gamma ray burst, it releases as much energy in a few seconds as our sun will release in its entire lifetime.
42. In the very early days of its origination, Samsung used to sell dried fish and vegetables.
43. If you are struck by lightning, your skin will be heated to 28,000 degrees Centigrade, hotter than the surface of the Sun.
44. It takes 8 minutes 17 seconds for light to travel from the Sun's surface to the Earth.
45. People tip more on sunny days than dreary days.
46. Pulling an all nighter? Your body will reset itself if you take a nap about 20 minutes before the sun comes up.
47. If you heated the head of a pin to the temperature of the center of the Sun, it will kill anyone within 1,000 miles of it.
48. A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface!
49. It's extremely hard to go blind from staring at the sun.
50. When nails grow long,
we cut the nails not fingers.
misunderstanding grow up,
cut the ego,
not your relationship.
51. The sun measures about 1.4 million kilometres in diameter.
Trending in Science
115 Star Facts
The word ‘suffragette’ started out as an insult coined by the Daily Mail.
84 Body Facts
In 1986, Michael Foot’s appointment as chair of a disarmament committee prompted The Times headline: ‘Foot Heads Arms Body.’ The body of the sea otter has a pouch across the front where it keeps rocks to break open shellfish.
23 Nobel Prizes for Medicine have been won as a result of research on guinea pigs.
27 Titan Facts
‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
31 Mind Facts
The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
‘Email’ is a 16th-century word meaning ‘enamel’.
Saturn's rings are about 500,000 miles in circumference but only about a foot thick.
The atmosphere of Venus is made up mainly of carbon dioxide.
In 1897, Bayer, who is the maker of Aspirin, marketed the drug heroin.
Another name for a Microsoft Windows tutorial is 'Crash Course'.