Top Titan Facts
1. As the Titanic sank, one female passenger refused to leave her dog- she was later found dead in the water, holding a shaggy dog in her arms.
2. Not a single engineer survived off the Titanic; they stayed on board to keep the power on so others could escape.
3. If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.
4. Avatar was the first movie to make more than $2 billion. Titanic was the second.
5. On the real Titanic, the band really did stay on the ship, playing music as it went down. They all died.
6. The filming of the movie 'Titanic' cost more than the Titanic itself.
7. Titanic was the first movie to make more than $1 billion. Avatar was the second.
8. A Mexican drug lord had among other luxury stuff, 2 watches made from metal of the Titanic.
9. Titanic was the first movie made by James Cameron that didn’t include any mention of nuclear weapons.
10. The watcher who first saw the iceberg, which Titanic collided with, survived but took his life 53 years later by suicide.
11. A solitary cracker that survived the sinking of the Titanic sold for nearly $23,000 in a 2015 auction.
12. There is a Titanic II being built that will set sail in 2017.
13. No one knows how many people died during the sinking of the Titanic.
14. ‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
15. The Titanic II is currently being built and will set sail in 2016.
16. Three dogs (from First Class cabins) survived the sinking of the Titanic â€“ two Pomeranians and one Pekingese.
17. The original founders/owners of Macys died on the Titanic and were the old couple in the movie who went to sleep as the ship went down.
18. Frank Tower, an oiler on ships, survived 3 major shipwrecks: The Titanic in 1912, the Empress of Ireland in 1914 & the Lusitania in
19. If the iceberg had been seen 30 seconds before, the Titanic could have avoided the crash.
20. The original founders/owners of Macy's died on the Titanic and were the old couple in the movie who went to sleep as the ship went down.
21. On the real Titanic, the band actually did stay on the ship, playing music as it went down -- They all died.
22. On Titan the atmosphere is so thick and the gravity so low that humans could fly through it by flapping "wings" attached to their arms.
23. James Cameron sought Hollywood funding for "Titanic" not because he wanted to make the film, but because he wanted to dive to the shipwreck.
24. The life boat drill planned for the day before the Titanic sank was cancelled.
25. Jenny, the ship’s cat on the Titanic, did not survive the sinking.
26. Justin Bieber once booked the entire Staples Center in L.A. for a screening of the movie Titanic.
27. Ramon Artagaveytia survived the sinking of a ship in 1871 and 41 years later he boarded the Titanic and sank with the ship.
Trending in Science
115 Star Facts
The word ‘suffragette’ started out as an insult coined by the Daily Mail.
84 Body Facts
In 1986, Michael Foot’s appointment as chair of a disarmament committee prompted The Times headline: ‘Foot Heads Arms Body.’ The body of the sea otter has a pouch across the front where it keeps rocks to break open shellfish.
23 Nobel Prizes for Medicine have been won as a result of research on guinea pigs.
27 Titan Facts
‘The Just Missed It Club’ was for people who almost sailed on the Titanic. Two weeks after it sank, it had 118,337 members.
43 Moon Facts
Alan Shepard took a peanut to the Moon. When he brought it back, Steve McQueen tried to eat it.
31 Mind Facts
The first coin minted in the US bore the slogan ‘Mind Your Business’.
‘Email’ is a 16th-century word meaning ‘enamel’.
29 Universe Facts
A ‘googolplex’ is a number so vast it can’t be written down: there’s not enough room in the universe for all the zeros.