30 Interesting Exercise Facts
1. 15 minutes of exercise per day can add 3 years to your life.
2. Exercise reduces the chance of silent strokes by 40%.
3. Exercise! The more you circulate your blood through your body, the more vibrant you will look. Also, sweating helps detoxify your skin.
4. Exercise addiction is common, especially in those who suffer from eating disorders and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
5. Stretching before you exercise can lower your performance, making you weaker or slower than you would otherwise be.
6. Just a little bit of exercise can convince you that you look better, according to research.
7. Franz Kafka liked to exercise naked in front of the window.
8. Thanks to muscle memory, people who regularly exercise five or six times a week can easily jump back into their routine after time off.
9. 1% of people are addicted to exercise.
10. DNA cannot decide you, in fact, how you exercise, experience and think have the ability to change your DNA.
11. Just 20 minutes of exercise three days a week will increase your general feeling of happiness by 10-20% after six months.
12. Employees who exercise regularly earn 9% more than their lazier counterparts.
13. Lack of exercise kills just as many people as smoking.
14. Exercise reorganizes the brain so that it is more resistant to stress.
15. There is a "Fifty Shades of Grey" fitness class that is taught by dominatrixes who will punish you for doing exercises wrong.
16. Just 30 minutes of exercise can improve your working memory.
17. Watching someone exercise on TV while you exercise can increase your heart rate, breathing, and sweat release, giving you a better workout.
18. Twerking is actually good exercise. It works the deep muscles of the hips, as well as the core muscles of the lower back and abs.
19. It takes about 12 days of exercise to improve and preserve the body.
20. Exercise improves mood, information processing and makes you a more flexible thinker.
21. Studies have shown that how long you exercise is more important than how hard you exercise.
22. Stretching before exercise has no scientifically proven benefit
23. How to lose weight: Turn your head to the left, and then turn it to the right. Repeat this exercise whenever offered food.
24. People who do yoga have better reaction times and are better able to recall information that those who do aerobic exercise or no exercise.
25. A mere 20 minutes of exercise, three days each week will increase your happiness by 10 to 20 percent after six months.
26. Laughing 100 times is equivalent to 15 minutes of exercise on a stationary bicycle.
27. Men and women are more likely to exercise more and stop smoking if their significant other joins them in becoming healthier.
28. Quit smoking? Exercise! Because it releases endorphins that decrease nicotine cravings.
29. 40% of women have experienced exercise-induced orgasms in their lifetime.
30. Regular exercise changes the way your DNA functions
Trending in Sports
George Eyser, who won three golds, two silvers and a bronze at the 1904 Olympics, had a wooden leg.
Nike’s ‘Just Do It’ slogan was inspired by the last words of a murderer.
In 1920, Clarence Blethen retired hurt from a baseball match after biting himself on the bottom with the false teeth he kept in his back pocket.
Prisoners on Alcatraz always had hot showers so they didn’t get acclimatised to cold water and try to escape by swimming.
Super Bowl Facts
One in four Americans believe that God decides who wins the Super Bowl.
A tennis ball is only in play for about 20 minutes of an average two-and-a-half-hour tennis match.
In 2009, a search of Loch Ness for the Loch Ness monster located 100,000 golf balls.
The first football rulebook in Argentina stated that a player who had been fouled could accept an apology rather than involve the referee.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.