Amazing Sport Facts
1. Left-handed people process things faster than righties while playing computer games or sports.
2. For racing scenes in "The Fast and the Furious" (2001), the director recruited 200 real illegal street racers.
3. Most sports drinks contain a chemical called bromine (or BVO) that is extremely toxic to your body.
4. People are in the best mood while they are bicycling compared to any other mode of transportation.
5. There are more head and spinal injuries from cheerleading than all other high school and college sports combined.
6. 'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
7. Participating in sports in high school and college increases self-confidence, self-respect, and leadership skills.
8. Frequent small pleasures, like double lattes or pedicures, provides more happiness than infrequent large ones like sports cars or vacations.
9. One high school coach can make you hate everything about the sport that you fell in love with as a kid and that is so depressing to me. -RHS
10. Quidditch has grown to over 300 teams around the world and has begun receiving recognition as a real sport.
11. Broke my back in three places when I was 13 by playing the sport I love and 4 years later, I just committed to a Big 10 college. -DGS
12. The revenue generated from gambling is more than the revenue from movies, cruise ships, recorded music, theme parks, & sports combined
13. After a hockey game fight, there is a 76 percent chance of at least one team playing better within the next three minutes.
14. James Naismith, a Canadian, invented basketball in Massachusetts in 1891. It was 21 years before it occurred to anyone to cut a hole in the bottom of the basket.
15. The most popular sport in the world is football (soccer in the U.S.).
Trending in Sports
Nike’s ‘Just Do It’ slogan was inspired by the last words of a murderer.
In 1920, Clarence Blethen retired hurt from a baseball match after biting himself on the bottom with the false teeth he kept in his back pocket.
Prisoners on Alcatraz always had hot showers so they didn’t get acclimatised to cold water and try to escape by swimming.
Super Bowl Facts
One in four Americans believe that God decides who wins the Super Bowl.
A tennis ball is only in play for about 20 minutes of an average two-and-a-half-hour tennis match.
In 2009, a search of Loch Ness for the Loch Ness monster located 100,000 golf balls.
The first football rulebook in Argentina stated that a player who had been fouled could accept an apology rather than involve the referee.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.