Stunning Egyptian Facts
1. An Egyptian cure for insanity was to eat snake meatballs under a full moon.
2. No Egyptian president has left office without being arrested or dying.
3. Ancient Egyptians had a 70% accurate method for detecting pregnancy: a woman would pee on some seedsâ€”if they sprouted, she was pregnant.
4. Mammoths were still alive in Russia 3600 years ago and the Egyptians were making pyramids 4000 years ago.
5. The ancient Egyptians mummified beef ribs, sliced duck and goat meat to eat in the afterlife.
6. Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible
7. Many ancient Egyptian pharaohs were overweight and unhealthy, likely due to a sugary diet of alcohol, bread and honey.
8. The Egyptian Pyramid workers were paid with beer: 1 gallon per day.
9. An Egyptian city was discovered underwater in 2013 after being lost for 1,200 years in the Mediterranean Sea.
10. The Egyptian vulture drops stones on ostrich eggs to open them and eat them.
11. Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone.
12. Tutankhamun was the only ancient Egyptian who was mummified with an erect penis.
13. Ancient Egyptians used to wear hair extensions.
14. Over 85% of Egyptians say they would not want Americans for neighbors.
15. The ancient Egyptians invented the will and the business handshake.
16. Ancient Egyptian lettuce contained the same active ingredient as cocaine.
17. Ancient Egyptians would shaved off their eyebrows in mourning of a cat.
18. To protect themselves from STDs, the Ancient Egyptians used cobra skins molted to form condoms.
19. Most Egyptian mummies have hearts because Ancient Egyptians believed the center of thought and personality was in the heart, not the brain.
Trending in World
45 Chinese Facts
If they were countries, the Chinese provinces of Guangdong, Shandong, Henan, Sichuan and Jiangsu would be among the world’s 20 most populous.
152 Earth Facts
Lake Baikal in Russia is a thousand times older than any other lake on Earth.
An Egyptian cure for insanity was to eat snake meatballs under a full moon.
34 Britain Facts
The name sign of the town of Lost in Aberdeenshire is the only one in Britain that is welded to its pole.
49 Roman Facts
The sign for the female sex (C) represents the hand mirror of the Roman goddess Venus.
78 English Facts
The English word ‘squirrel’ is particularly difficult for Germans to pronounce.
41 French Facts
In the French Revolution, prisoners were taken to the guillotine on wagons used to transport manure.
The world’s largest iceberg set off from Antarctica in 2000. It was larger than Jamaica and parts of it still haven’t melted.
80% of pirates caught by the European Union’s naval police are released.
The Spanish for ‘when pigs fly’ is ‘when hens piss’.