34 Stunning Population Facts
1. Veterinarians commit suicide at a rate twice that of the average population.
2. the population in the US is about 60% female, so a lot of you females are going to die alone. keep that in mind next time you curve our dm
3. Places that are more prone to natural disasters are more likely to develop a religious population.
4. Before color TV was invented, a vast majority of the population used to dream in black and white.
5. A man spent 3 years creating "the perfect city" on Sim City - The city had the maximum population of 6 million, no crime and no pollution.
6. Ghengis Khan killed about 11% of the entire world's population.
7. There are about 6,900 languages in existence but more than half the world's population uses only 20 of them.
8. Roughly 6% of the world's population has an internet addiction.
9. Climate change-related extreme events, plus population growth, could increase hunger by up to 20% by 2050.
10. Hypnic jerk is the falling sensation that suddenly wakes you up, and is experienced by 80% of the human population.
11. McDonald's serves 1% of the world's population every day.
12. Frequent flyers have a higher risk of developing melanoma compared to the general population.
13. At any given time, 0.7% of the world population is drunk â€“ Meaning at least 50 million people are drunk right now.
14. Genghis Kahn killed 11% of the worlds population.
15. It is projected that by 2060, only 44% of the U.S. population will be white, making minorities the majority.
16. Bats account for one-quarter of the mammal population in the world.
17. It is estimated that around 20 percent of the population consistently mix up their left and right.
18. More than 4 billion LEGO people have been made '“ making them the world's largest population group.
19. In 1968, the world population was 3,557,000,000. Today, the world population is 7,300,000,000 and grows by over 220,000 daily.
20. Approximately one-third of the population can't snap their fingers.
21. Red hair is the rarest human hair color. Only 1 to 2 percent of the population are red-heads.
22. There is a positive correlation between the number of Wal Mart's servicing a population and obesity rates within that population.
23. It took 200,000 years for the human population to reach 3 billion -- It only took 40 years for it to grow by another 3 billion after that.
24. Half the world’s population has a genetic mutation that makes Brussels sprouts taste extremely nasty.
25. An estimated two-thirds of the current population of polar bears will disappear by 2050 due to global warming, according to researchers.
26. With a natural decrease in population of .8% annually, between now and 2050 Ukraine is expected to lose around 30% of its people.
27. The UK turtle-dove population has declined by 95% since 2005.
28. The total combined weight of the worlds ant population is heavier than the weight of the human population.
29. Only 6.7% of the global population has a college degree.
30. At least a tenth of the population of Mauritania are slaves.
31. Despite having a population of 310 million, 47% of the U.S. remains unoccupied.
32. 20% of the population has cheek-dimples.
33. More than half of the world's population is under 25 and more than half of it is bilingual.
34. According to some researchers, established writers and artists are 18 times more likely to commit suicide than the general population.
Trending in World
45 Chinese Facts
If they were countries, the Chinese provinces of Guangdong, Shandong, Henan, Sichuan and Jiangsu would be among the world’s 20 most populous.
An Egyptian cure for insanity was to eat snake meatballs under a full moon.
34 Britain Facts
The name sign of the town of Lost in Aberdeenshire is the only one in Britain that is welded to its pole.
49 Roman Facts
The sign for the female sex (C) represents the hand mirror of the Roman goddess Venus.
78 English Facts
The English word ‘squirrel’ is particularly difficult for Germans to pronounce.
41 French Facts
In the French Revolution, prisoners were taken to the guillotine on wagons used to transport manure.
The Spanish for ‘when pigs fly’ is ‘when hens piss’.
In German, things don’t ‘sell like hot cakes’, they ‘go like warm rolls’.
32 Korea Facts
Virtually all Koreans lack the gene that produces smelly armpits.