Top Swede Facts
1. In Sweden, you can take sick leave during your vacation if you are ill.
2. Sweden pays high school students $187 per month to attend school.
3. Swedes drink twice as much coffee as Americans.
4. Sweden makes biofuel from dead rabbits.
5. Spanking is prohibited by law in Sweden
6. Sweden is the largest spender on ketchup. $4 per capita. Australia is second at $2.50
7. The official Twitter account of Sweden is given to a random Swedish citizen every week to manage.
8. is worth more than Sweden, Poland or Nigeria.
9. The new Facebook trend in Sweden is downing a glass of beer on camera in 30 sec and then challenge 3 friends to do the same within 24 hours.
10. You need a license to dance in Sweden.
11. In Sweden, it is legal to be a prostitute, but it is illegal to be a customer of a prostitute.
12. In Sweden, it is illegal to name your baby Metallica, Superman, Veranda, Ikea or Elvis.
13. In Sweden, where 4 out of 5 transactions do not use cash anymore, some homeless people started to carry credit card readers.
14. Sweden pays high school students $131 every month to attend school.
15. File-sharing is an official religion in Sweden.
16. 50 birds were found dead on a residential street in Sweden, with no visible injuries.
17. Top 10 last names in Sweden: Andersson, Johansson, Karlsson, Nilsson, Eriksson, Larsson, Olsson, Persson, Svensson, Gustafsson
18. A "condom ambulance" is a vehicle in Stockholm, Sweden that delivers a 10-pack of condoms right to your doorstep when called upon!
19. In Sweden, parents are not allowed to spank their kids.
20. Sweden drinks more coffee than any other country in the world.
Trending in World
152 Earth Facts
Lake Baikal in Russia is a thousand times older than any other lake on Earth.
An Egyptian cure for insanity was to eat snake meatballs under a full moon.
34 Britain Facts
The name sign of the town of Lost in Aberdeenshire is the only one in Britain that is welded to its pole.
49 Roman Facts
The sign for the female sex (C) represents the hand mirror of the Roman goddess Venus.
78 English Facts
The English word ‘squirrel’ is particularly difficult for Germans to pronounce.
41 French Facts
In the French Revolution, prisoners were taken to the guillotine on wagons used to transport manure.
The world’s largest iceberg set off from Antarctica in 2000. It was larger than Jamaica and parts of it still haven’t melted.
80% of pirates caught by the European Union’s naval police are released.
The Spanish for ‘when pigs fly’ is ‘when hens piss’.