100 Popular Facts
1. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
2. 20% of tuxedo rentals take place in May.
3. Abraham Lincoln hated being called "Abe."
4. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
5. Baby puffins are called pufflings.
6. Rats can't vomit, that's why rat poison works.
7. America has never lost a war when donkeys were used.
8. One in three snake bite victims is drunk. One in five is tatooed.
9. Dr. Seuss actually cheated on his wife while she was sick with cancer for 13 years - When she killed herself, he married the mistress.
10. Dogs suppress their innate intelligence for the sake of their human masters.
11. Actor John Wayne made more than 200 movies.
12. The average cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven is $16,400.
13. Remember that people will always question the good things they hear about you, and believe the bad ones without a second thought.
14. More men are physically threatened online than women.
15. The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.
16. Spending money on experiences, as opposed to material possessions, leads to greater happiness.
17. Many teenagers who sleep less than 8-9 hours every night suffer from irritability, mood swings & even depression.
18. Cockroaches have distinct personalities.
19. Sometimes you got to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you're wrong. It's not giving up. It's called growing up.
20. There aren't any countries in the world that begin with the letter 'x'.
21. A guy ate nothing but Chipotle for 30 days...and lost 10 lbs.
22. Mozambique has an AK-47 assault rifle on its flag.
23. There are towns in five countries that have prohibited dying.
24. Even with a higher income, education and other factors controlled, intelligent people tend to drink more alcohol.
25. Bon Jovi owns a restaurant in which menu items have no prices. You only pay whatever you like or volunteer in exchange for their meal.
26. Every year, 1,000 letters arrive in Jerusalem addressed to God.
27. A psychic once sued Nintendo, claiming that the PokÃ©mon Kadabra was based on him.
28. Listening to sad songs actually creates positive emotions.
29. Nero ate leeks to improve his singing voice.
30. There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.
31. For oily skin, mash one banana with a teaspoon of honey and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Apply to face for 10 minutes, rinse.
32. Paris has more dogs than people.
33. There is an A.I. that makes telemarketers believe they are talking to a real person, wasting as much of their time and money as possible.
34. Spiders have transparent blood.
35. There are 14 billion insects for every human on Earth.
36. About 56% of men said they would introduce someone they're seeing to their friends after 1 to 5 dates, according to a survey.
37. Canola oil is actually rapeseed oil but the name was changed for marketing reasons!
38. The Queen’s staff get to choose their own Christmas presents, which must be worth between £20 and £25.
39. Relationship status: lol
40. A Baltimore TV producer once told Oprah that she was "unfit for television news."
41. Beavers can hold their breath for 45 minutes under water.
42. A study found that arguing about money is the top predictor of divorce.
43. The estimated number of M&M's sold each day in the United States is 200,000,000.
44. Shrews can starve to death 2 or 3 hours after a meal.
45. Abraham Lincoln failed to get elected five times to Congress and the Senate before being elected president.
46. In Kenya, there is a Camel Mobile Libraryâ€”camels transport books from the capital to surrounding villages that are up to 248 miles away.
47. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
49. A 12-year-old Norwegian boy once rescued his sister from a moose attack using skills he learned from World of Warcraft.
50. Teenagers who drink alone have a higher risk of becoming alcoholics.
51. In 1952, Mr. Potato Head became the first toy to be advertised on television in the U.S.
52. Each nostril of a human being register smell in a different way. Smells that are made from the right nostril are more pleasant than the left.
53. Psychology: when you truly care for someone, their mood can literally affect yours.
54. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles from the flush
55. A study found that the more agreeable a person is, the more likely that person will be tagged in Facebook photos posted by other people.
56. There is an officially recognized School of Wizardry in California.
57. Boys who work out between 15-18 tend to be more intelligent later in life than those who do not.
58. Iguanas have a third eye on top of their head that only detects light, dark, and movement.
59. Kissing is good for your heart. It helps stabilize cardiovascular activity, decreases blood pressure and decreases cholesterol.
60. The only rank allowed to grow a beard in the British army is the Pioneer Sergeant.
61. That pleasurable tingling sensation in the head and scalp when someone whispers is called Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR).
62. The most commonly asked question at Hanna-Barbera’s head office is: ‘What did Barney Rubble do for a living?’ The first-ever comic strip was published at the suggestion of Wolfgang von Goethe.
63. Contrary to popular belief, Einstein never failed math. In fact, by fifteen he had already mastered differential and integral calculus.
64. Every 10 years, you literally become a new person. Our desires, wants and needs change every 10 years.
65. Henry Ford was Charles Lindbergh's first passenger in the Spirit of St. Louis.
66. Eskimos use refrigerators to stop their food from freezing.
67. Humans blink over 10,000,000 times a year.
68. Chris Traeger, the City Manager on "Parks and Recreation," says the word "literally" 39 times throughout the span of the show.
69. For women, drinking 1-3 cups of coffee a day reduces their risk of cardiovascular disease by 24%.
70. ZZ Top refused a $1,000,000 offer from Gilette to shave their beards for an ad.
71. The only reason "indigo" was included on the rainbow was so there would be 7 colors to match the 7 notes on the Western musical scale.
72. Norwegian women enjoy the best standard of living in the world.
73. Let your past make you better, never bitter.
74. Suicide bombings in Iraq killed 60 times as many civilians as it did soldiers.
75. "Bae" is the Danish word for "poop".
76. From groundbreaking to opening day, Disneyland was built in just 365 days.
77. Farting can help reduce high blood pressure.
78. People who talk to themselves are more likely to have a high I.Q.
79. AskHole: a person who constantly asks for your advice, then does the exact opposite.
80. Queen Victoria had a novelty bustle with a music box that played ‘God Save the Queen’ when she sat down.
81. Shia LaBeouf found an agent through the phone book at the age of 11.
82. The universe is expanding at 230 miles a second.
83. Pigs can become alcoholics.
84. The Chinese giant salamander (Andrias davidianus) is the largest salamander in the world, reaching a length of 180 cm (6 ft)
85. "Fruit Sister" is what people in China call Katy Perry.
86. Emailing large companies about your dissatisfaction with their products will get you free stuff.
87. Cheating on more than 30% of your homework severely increases your chance of failure.
88. "Spelt" is the correct alternative to "Spelled."
89. Honeybees can recognize and tell the difference between human faces.
90. Polar bears cannot be seen using night-vision equipment.
91. The black widow can eat as many 20 mates in a single day.
92. When humans first evolved on Earth, there was water on Mars.
93. More U.S. soldiers committed suicide in Afghanistan than were killed in action there in 2012.
94. Men laugh longer, louder, and more often than women.
95. There is a 'Hug Me' Coca-Cola machine in Singapore which gives you a can of coke each time you hug it.
96. Dr Seuss wrote Green Eggs and Ham to win a bet with his publisher that he couldn’t write a book using just 50 different words.
97. 2 million fish died in the Chesapeake Bay last week.
98. "Armageddon," "Apollo 13," and "Around the World in 80 Days" are among the movies that NASA keeps aboard the International Space Station.
99. 72% of Harvard freshman enroll as virgins, 27% still are when they graduate.
100. Until 1974, in Chicago it was illegal to appear in public if you were ugly.
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.