100 Popular Facts
1. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
2. The air an average person inhales in a single day contain 1 liter of farts of people around him.
3. 20% of tuxedo rentals take place in May.
4. When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.
5. If your friend is too prideful to apologize for doing you wrong, that person is not your friend.
6. When you stop chasing the wrong things, you let the right things catch up to you.
7. How to play happy birthday on your phone.
8. People come and go in your life, and the right one will always stay.
9. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
10. Remember that people will always question the good things they hear about you, and believe the bad ones without a second thought.
11. If the U.S. cut its military budget by 85% it would still have the largest military budget in the world.
12. America has never lost a war when donkeys were used.
13. Rats can't vomit, that's why rat poison works.
14. The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.
15. There are 14 billion insects for every human on Earth.
16. Abraham Lincoln hated being called "Abe."
17. In the past five years, at least six Americans have been shot by dogs.
18. Actor John Wayne made more than 200 movies.
19. Dr. Seuss actually cheated on his wife while she was sick with cancer for 13 years - When she killed herself, he married the mistress.
20. Dogs suppress their innate intelligence for the sake of their human masters.
21. Cats also have whiskers on the back of their front legs.
22. The average cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven is $16,400.
23. Baby puffins are called pufflings.
24. A guy ate nothing but Chipotle for 30 days...and lost 10 lbs.
25. People who talk to themselves are more likely to have a high I.Q.
26. Every 10 years, you literally become a new person. Our desires, wants and needs change every 10 years.
27. One in three snake bite victims is drunk. One in five is tatooed.
28. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
29. There are towns in five countries that have prohibited dying.
30. It took 11 hours for Seattle police to subdue a man who was standing in an open parking lot and armed with just a samurai sword.
31. There are more atoms in a teaspoon of water than there are teaspoons of water in the Atlantic Ocean.
32. More men are physically threatened online than women.
33. When humans first evolved on Earth, there was water on Mars.
34. Gavisti, the Sanskrit word for ‘war’, literally translates as ‘desire for more cows’.
35. A psychic once sued Nintendo, claiming that the PokÃ©mon Kadabra was based on him.
36. 1/3 of designated drivers are drunk.
37. Farting can help reduce high blood pressure.
38. Cuteness inspires aggression which is why we want to squeeze things we find cute.
39. Cockroaches have distinct personalities.
40. Bon Jovi owns a restaurant in which menu items have no prices. You only pay whatever you like or volunteer in exchange for their meal.
41. Sometimes you got to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you're wrong. It's not giving up. It's called growing up.
42. Each nostril of a human being register smell in a different way. Smells that are made from the right nostril are more pleasant than the left.
43. Windmills always turn anti-clockwise. Except for the windmills in Ireland!
44. Listening to sad songs actually creates positive emotions.
45. By the age of 3, a girl named Charlie was suffering from 300 seizures every week. Marijuana has gotten her down to 2 or 3 seizures a month.
46. Twitter is basically just you having a conversation with yourself hoping that someone else will join in.
47. Many teenagers who sleep less than 8-9 hours every night suffer from irritability, mood swings & even depression.
48. Not being able to control your negative thoughts is a warning sign of depression.
49. Cheating on more than 30% of your homework severely increases your chance of failure.
50. Male monkeys go bald just as men do.
51. We lose on average 2 pounds of weight during sleep by exhaling.
52. It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce...and 13 hours to build a Toyota.
53. Henry Ford was Charles Lindbergh's first passenger in the Spirit of St. Louis.
54. Humans are the only animals that blush.
55. There aren't any countries in the world that begin with the letter 'x'.
56. Spending money on experiences, as opposed to material possessions, leads to greater happiness.
57. AskHole: a person who constantly asks for your advice, then does the exact opposite.
58. There is an A.I. that makes telemarketers believe they are talking to a real person, wasting as much of their time and money as possible.
59. Spiders have transparent blood.
60. It would take a snail nearly 4,575 years to circle Earth.
61. Relationship status: lol
62. Mozambique has an AK-47 assault rifle on its flag.
63. Beavers can hold their breath for 45 minutes under water.
64. A study found that arguing about money is the top predictor of divorce.
65. A 12-year-old Norwegian boy once rescued his sister from a moose attack using skills he learned from World of Warcraft.
66. Boys who work out between 15-18 tend to be more intelligent later in life than those who do not.
67. ZZ Top refused a $1,000,000 offer from Gilette to shave their beards for an ad.
68. At one point, it was illegal to buy ice cream on Sundays in Ohio.
69. Nero ate leeks to improve his singing voice.
70. The world collectively spent $1,735 billion on war in 2012 -- It would take about $195 billion to totally eradicate poverty.
71. Lemon juice with a pinch of salt (warm) every morning lowers cholesterol levels and brings down your weigh
72. For oily skin, mash one banana with a teaspoon of honey and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Apply to face for 10 minutes, rinse.
73. Paris has more dogs than people.
74. About 56% of men said they would introduce someone they're seeing to their friends after 1 to 5 dates, according to a survey.
75. Canola oil is actually rapeseed oil but the name was changed for marketing reasons!
76. The Queen’s staff get to choose their own Christmas presents, which must be worth between £20 and £25.
77. A Baltimore TV producer once told Oprah that she was "unfit for television news."
78. Dogs can see sadness in humans and often attempt to make their owners happy by initiating cuddling.
79. The estimated number of M&M's sold each day in the United States is 200,000,000.
80. Shrews can starve to death 2 or 3 hours after a meal.
81. Men laugh longer, louder, and more often than women.
82. Abraham Lincoln failed to get elected five times to Congress and the Senate before being elected president.
83. In Kenya, there is a Camel Mobile Libraryâ€”camels transport books from the capital to surrounding villages that are up to 248 miles away.
84. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
86. Teenagers who drink alone have a higher risk of becoming alcoholics.
87. In 1952, Mr. Potato Head became the first toy to be advertised on television in the U.S.
88. Psychology: when you truly care for someone, their mood can literally affect yours.
89. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles from the flush
90. A study found that the more agreeable a person is, the more likely that person will be tagged in Facebook photos posted by other people.
91. There is an officially recognized School of Wizardry in California.
92. Even with a higher income, education and other factors controlled, intelligent people tend to drink more alcohol.
93. Iguanas have a third eye on top of their head that only detects light, dark, and movement.
94. The only rank allowed to grow a beard in the British army is the Pioneer Sergeant.
95. The most commonly asked question at Hanna-Barbera’s head office is: ‘What did Barney Rubble do for a living?’ The first-ever comic strip was published at the suggestion of Wolfgang von Goethe.
96. Black holes are the exact opposite of nothing, being the densest concentration of mass known in the universe.
97. Most car accidents happen during early afternoon as there is a slump in the level of cortisol in the body.
98. Contrary to popular belief, Einstein never failed math. In fact, by fifteen he had already mastered differential and integral calculus.
99. Catfish have over 27,000 taste buds. Humans have around 7,000.
100. Every year, 1,000 letters arrive in Jerusalem addressed to God.
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.