100 Popular Facts
1. Actor John Wayne made more than 200 movies.
2. There aren't any countries in the world that begin with the letter 'x'.
3. Nero ate leeks to improve his singing voice.
4. Spending money on experiences, as opposed to material possessions, leads to greater happiness.
5. There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.
6. For oily skin, mash one banana with a teaspoon of honey and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Apply to face for 10 minutes, rinse.
7. Paris has more dogs than people.
8. Many teenagers who sleep less than 8-9 hours every night suffer from irritability, mood swings & even depression.
9. There is an A.I. that makes telemarketers believe they are talking to a real person, wasting as much of their time and money as possible.
10. Spiders have transparent blood.
11. Good dancing is indicative of superior health and reproductive potential, which is why people are attracted to talented dancers.
12. About 56% of men said they would introduce someone they're seeing to their friends after 1 to 5 dates, according to a survey.
13. Canola oil is actually rapeseed oil but the name was changed for marketing reasons!
14. The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.
15. The Queen’s staff get to choose their own Christmas presents, which must be worth between £20 and £25.
16. Relationship status: lol
17. Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.
18. The average cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven is $16,400.
19. A Baltimore TV producer once told Oprah that she was "unfit for television news."
20. Beavers can hold their breath for 45 minutes under water.
21. A study found that arguing about money is the top predictor of divorce.
22. The estimated number of M&M's sold each day in the United States is 200,000,000.
23. Shrews can starve to death 2 or 3 hours after a meal.
24. Men laugh longer, louder, and more often than women.
25. Abraham Lincoln failed to get elected five times to Congress and the Senate before being elected president.
26. In Kenya, there is a Camel Mobile Libraryâ€”camels transport books from the capital to surrounding villages that are up to 248 miles away.
27. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
29. Barophobia is the fear of gravity.
30. Teenagers who drink alone have a higher risk of becoming alcoholics.
31. In 1952, Mr. Potato Head became the first toy to be advertised on television in the U.S.
32. Psychology: when you truly care for someone, their mood can literally affect yours.
33. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles from the flush
34. A study found that the more agreeable a person is, the more likely that person will be tagged in Facebook photos posted by other people.
35. There is an officially recognized School of Wizardry in California.
36. Even with a higher income, education and other factors controlled, intelligent people tend to drink more alcohol.
37. Iguanas have a third eye on top of their head that only detects light, dark, and movement.
38. Kissing is good for your heart. It helps stabilize cardiovascular activity, decreases blood pressure and decreases cholesterol.
39. The only rank allowed to grow a beard in the British army is the Pioneer Sergeant.
40. The most commonly asked question at Hanna-Barbera’s head office is: ‘What did Barney Rubble do for a living?’ The first-ever comic strip was published at the suggestion of Wolfgang von Goethe.
41. Contrary to popular belief, Einstein never failed math. In fact, by fifteen he had already mastered differential and integral calculus.
42. A psychic once sued Nintendo, claiming that the PokÃ©mon Kadabra was based on him.
43. Eskimos use refrigerators to stop their food from freezing.
44. Chris Traeger, the City Manager on "Parks and Recreation," says the word "literally" 39 times throughout the span of the show.
45. ZZ Top refused a $1,000,000 offer from Gilette to shave their beards for an ad.
46. The only reason "indigo" was included on the rainbow was so there would be 7 colors to match the 7 notes on the Western musical scale.
47. Norwegian women enjoy the best standard of living in the world.
48. Listening to sad songs actually creates positive emotions.
49. Let your past make you better, never bitter.
50. More men are physically threatened online than women.
51. Suicide bombings in Iraq killed 60 times as many civilians as it did soldiers.
52. "Bae" is the Danish word for "poop".
53. From groundbreaking to opening day, Disneyland was built in just 365 days.
54. A group of woodpeckers is called a descent .
55. Queen Victoria had a novelty bustle with a music box that played ‘God Save the Queen’ when she sat down.
56. Shia LaBeouf found an agent through the phone book at the age of 11.
57. The universe is expanding at 230 miles a second.
58. Pigs can become alcoholics.
59. The Chinese giant salamander (Andrias davidianus) is the largest salamander in the world, reaching a length of 180 cm (6 ft)
60. "Fruit Sister" is what people in China call Katy Perry.
61. There are 14 billion insects for every human on Earth.
62. Emailing large companies about your dissatisfaction with their products will get you free stuff.
63. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
64. Cheating on more than 30% of your homework severely increases your chance of failure.
65. "Spelt" is the correct alternative to "Spelled."
66. A guy ate nothing but Chipotle for 30 days...and lost 10 lbs.
67. Honeybees can recognize and tell the difference between human faces.
68. Polar bears cannot be seen using night-vision equipment.
69. The black widow can eat as many 20 mates in a single day.
70. There is a 'Hug Me' Coca-Cola machine in Singapore which gives you a can of coke each time you hug it.
71. Dr Seuss wrote Green Eggs and Ham to win a bet with his publisher that he couldn’t write a book using just 50 different words.
72. 2 million fish died in the Chesapeake Bay last week.
73. "Armageddon," "Apollo 13," and "Around the World in 80 Days" are among the movies that NASA keeps aboard the International Space Station.
74. 72% of Harvard freshman enroll as virgins, 27% still are when they graduate.
75. Until 1974, in Chicago it was illegal to appear in public if you were ugly.
76. According to a UK study, 72% of women prefer a man with a little excess flab, as opposed to a man with a more chiseled, fit physique.
77. Iceland has no army and is also recognized as the worlds most peaceful country.
78. A 12-year-old Norwegian boy once rescued his sister from a moose attack using skills he learned from World of Warcraft.
79. A tiger is most likely to win a fight against a lion.
80. Each nostril of a human being register smell in a different way. Smells that are made from the right nostril are more pleasant than the left.
81. 22% of teenagers experience depression before they reach adulthood.
82. While attending a black tie gala, a partygoer asked President Obama to get them some coffee â€” they thought he was a waiter.
83. "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" was the firstâ€”and maybe the lastâ€”movie production to have an insurance policy taken out on 1,000 rats.
84. Over two thirds of Christians support the torture of terrorist suspects, compared with just 41% of nonbelievers.
85. Until January 2013, it was illegal for women in Paris to wear trousers.
86. In Japan, it is completely acceptable to name your child ?Buttocks? or ?Prostitute?!
87. Veterinarians commit suicide at a rate twice that of the average population.
88. Boys who work out between 15-18 tend to be more intelligent later in life than those who do not.
89. Almost three fourths of all the fresh water in the world is in Canada
90. That pleasurable tingling sensation in the head and scalp when someone whispers is called Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR).
91. To make friends with an unfamiliar cat, blink and look away when you catch his eyes.
92. Potato aphids will not have sex if they detect a drop in air pressure.
93. Black holes are the exact opposite of nothing, being the densest concentration of mass known in the universe.
94. Most car accidents happen during early afternoon as there is a slump in the level of cortisol in the body.
95. The U.S. army packs Tabasco pepper sauce in every ration kit that they give to soldiers.
96. Catfish have over 27,000 taste buds. Humans have around 7,000.
97. Henry Ford was Charles Lindbergh's first passenger in the Spirit of St. Louis.
98. Only 1 out of 700 identity thieves gets caught.
99. Matchmakers (people who introduce two friends so they can become a couple) have 73% more friends than the people they're introducing.
100. Humans blink over 10,000,000 times a year.
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.