80 Trending Facts
1. The first ever webcam was in the computer lab at Cambridge University. It was trained on the coffee pot in the corridor to save the scientists making pointless trips when it had run out.
2. Life always offers you a second chance. Its called tomorrow.
3. The average cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven is $16,400.
4. Dr. Seuss actually cheated on his wife while she was sick with cancer for 13 years - When she killed herself, he married the mistress.
5. In 2011, a pair of managers from Dominos burned down a Papa Johns to boost their sales.
6. 3 out of 4 Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
7. Farting can help reduce high blood pressure.
8. A Canadian university is offering a room full of puppies to help stressed-out students.
9. A new chemical compound has been made that treats blindness and diabetes.
10. Guglielmo Marconi, the inventor of radio, was the great-grandson of the inventor of Jameson’s Irish whiskey.
11. During an extremely passionate kiss, it is possible for a person to go deaf.
12. Gossiping releases a chemical named "Progesterone" which gets rid of stress.
13. The brain is more active at night than it is during the day.
14. The word "lethologica" refers to the state of not being able to remember the word you were looking for.
15. "Text neck" is a term chiropractors use for patients suffering from neck, back and shoulder pain due to hunching over while texting.
16. The life boat was patented in 1845!
17. Upon finding out about an affair his 96 year old wife had in 1940, a 99 year old man divorced his wife, ending a 77 year long marriage.
18. Azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound that makes things softer and bouncier, including yoga mats, flip-flops and the buns in Big Macs.
19. Dating an awkward person is less stressful. You laugh more
20. Baby puffins are called pufflings.
21. There was no punctuation until the 15th century.
22. Americans spend more than 5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
23. Mussolini tortured his enemies by forcing them to swallow massive doses of castor oil.
24. More than seven people die from suicide every hour in the Americas.
25. Among young American adults aged 25-34, 17.7% of men and 11.7% of women live with their parents.
26. Portland has a higher percentage of literate people than any other major city in America.
27. Native Americans lost their history, their land, their culture, and is one of the least discussed genocides in world history.
28. On average, Americans eat 3 hamburgers a week.
29. One in six American adults binge drink weekly.
30. Americans spend more than $5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
31. American teachers are legally allowed to spank children in the classroom in 19 states.
32. Less than a quarter of Americans express confidence in the criminal justice system.
33. Jim Cummings, The voice actor for Winnie the pooh, calls sick kids in hospitals and talks to them in character.
34. America has never lost a war when donkeys were used.
35. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
36. More men are physically threatened online than women.
37. Contrary to popular belief, lightning travels from the ground upwards not from the sky downwards.
38. The more complex the song, the greater the composer's chances of getting a woman to sleep with him.
39. World-renowned physicist and author Stephen Hawking has joined Facebook.
40. Don't broadcast every high and low of your life. Just live. Don't try to convince the world you have a life.
41. Be strong now. Things will get better.
idk wtf is going on
43. Sleeping too little can be just as dangerous as smoking a 10 cigarettes.
44. Sometimes you got to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you're wrong. It's not giving up. It's called growing up.
45. In 2006 an Australian attempted to sell New Zealand on eBay.
46. In Florida, Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.
47. Melbourne, Australia has an 8 p.m. curfew for cats.
48. In Australian slang, a "pash rash" is red, irritated skin that is the result of a make-out session with someone with a beard.
49. A woman in Australia faced a 14-year jail sentence for carrying pepper spray.
50. The minimum wage in Australia is $16.87 USD per hour.
51. Vegemite is a popular spread in Australia and New Zealand. Vegemite is made from a brown yeast extract.
52. Australians have the highest rate of gambling in the world.
53. John F. Kennedy was the first Roman Catholic President of the USA!
54. The Church of Scientology runs a child labor camp in Australia.
55. Men laugh longer, louder, and more often than women.
56. "Irregardless" is actually a word that can be found in the dictionary.
57. Thinking burns calories.
58. Reindeer eat Fly Agaric/Magic Mushrooms to get high.
59. Reindeer eat moss because it contains a chemical that stops their body from freezing.
60. Reindeer have golden eyes in summer and blue eyes in winter.
61. No president of the United States was an only child.
62. Washington, D.C. has one lawyer for every 19 residents!
63. Reindeer were the first animals to be domesticated, starting about 14,000 years ago by palaeolithic hunter-gatherers
64. People who eat more nuts live longer.
65. Did you know your body is actually designed to get 4 hours of sleep twice per day instead of 8 hours once?
66. Hypnic jerk is the falling sensation that awakens you suddenly just as you begin to sleep and is experienced by 70% of the human population.
67. People who sleep late have more mental stamina and can outperform early risers.
68. We lose on average 2 pounds of weight during sleep by exhaling.
69. 53% of Americans say they are satisfied with the acceptance of gays and lesbians in the U.S.
70. True friendship is when you walk into their house and your wifi connects automatically.
71. RAISE UR HAND IF PEOPLE NEVER SPELL YOUR NAME CORRECTLY
72. No one knows who designed the first American Flag.
73. At one point, it was illegal to buy ice cream on Sundays in Ohio.
74. The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.
75. John F. Kennedy was buried without his brain after it was lost during the autopsy!
76. Jimmy Carter is the first U.S. President to have been born in a hospital.
77. Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal palace!
78. The state of Florida is bigger than England!
79. More than 10% of the world's salt is used to de-ice American roads.
80. Scientists have created a "Peanut Butter Jellyfish" by feeding jellyfish saltwater mixed with peanut butter.
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.