100 Trending Facts
1. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
2. More than seven people die from suicide every hour in the Americas.
3. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
4. There is a cat in a Rhode Island nursing home that was able to predict 50 patient deaths and would curl up in bed with them till
5. America has never lost a war when donkeys were used.
6. 1 in 4 American dogs are overweight.
7. An average of 11 Americans die at work every day.
8. New York is currently the most unhappy city in America.
9. Rats can't vomit, that's why rat poison works.
10. Let your faith be bigger than your fears.
11. If you got me, i got you.
12. According to the Bible, God sent 2 bears to murder 42 children because they had mocked a bald man.
13. American teachers are legally allowed to spank children in the classroom in 19 states.
14. 3 out of 4 Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
15. One in six American adults binge drink weekly.
16. Portland has a higher percentage of literate people than any other major city in America.
17. Men laugh longer, louder, and more often than women.
18. Dr. Seuss actually cheated on his wife while she was sick with cancer for 13 years - When she killed herself, he married the mistress.
19. An American charity pays drug addicts roughly $300 to get sterilized.
20. Cats also have whiskers on the back of their front legs.
21. During the Mohammed Cartoon controversy in 2005, Iran threatened to start an International Holocaust Cartoon competition.
22. It took 11 hours for Seattle police to subdue a man who was standing in an open parking lot and armed with just a samurai sword.
23. For 62% of Americans, success is defined by making a positive impact on the lives of others.
24. There are 14 billion insects for every human on Earth.
25. Serena Williams was once fined $10,500 for yelling at a lineswoman that she would 'f'”ing take the ball and shove it down your f'”ing throat.'
26. Q-Tip Cotton Swabs were originally called Baby Gays.
27. Clark Kent is two inches shorter than Superman; to finesse his secret identity he compresses his spine.
28. Edmund Hillary, the first man to climb Everest, was a professional beekeeper. When filling in forms, he always gave his occupation as 'apiarist'.
29. Most college freshman forget 60% of what they learned the year before.
30. 1/3 of designated drivers are drunk.
31. The term "fagot" or "faggot" meant "a bundle of sticks" up until the 20th century.
32. Diarrhea has killed more people in the 20th century than all the wars combined.
33. Unicorns were mentioned in the Bible.
34. There are no mentions of salad in the Bible.
35. The mile is Latin for 1,000. The number of paces it took the average Roman!
36. LEGO means "to put together" in Latin.
37. Nikola Tesla openly expressed disgust for overweight people and once fired his secretary solely because of her weight.
38. Every 10 years, you literally become a new person. Our desires, wants and needs change every 10 years.
39. We lose on average 2 pounds of weight during sleep by exhaling.
40. Twitter causes insomnia, it has become the most common sleep distraction in the world.
41. A human's natural sleep pattern is about 4 hours of sleep, then 2 hours of being awake, followed by another 4 hours of sleep.
42. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
43. One in three snake bite victims is drunk. One in five is tatooed.
44. The weight of air in a milk glass is about the same as the weight of one aspirin tablet.
45. The state that grows the most cranberries is Wisconsin. More than 300 million pounds of cranberries are grown in Wisconsin.
46. Jennifer Aniston's original name is Jennifer Anastassakis!
47. Many teenagers who sleep less than 8-9 hours every night suffer from irritability, mood swings & even depression.
48. In the wild, pandas can mate as many as 48 times in an hour.
49. Baby puffins are called pufflings.
50. When humans first evolved on Earth, there was water on Mars.
51. Every planet in our solar system could fit between Earth and the Moon.
52. Researchers in renowned universities discovered that gossiping can help in stress reduction and also help in avoiding exploitation of others
53. Research shows that being continuously sleep-deprived makes you dumb, irritable, distracted, unhappy, and fat.
54. Men tend to fall in love faster than women and are more likely to take the lead during the initial stages of a relationship.
55. There are 701 types of pure breed dogs.
56. Even with a higher income, education and other factors controlled, intelligent people tend to drink more alcohol.
57. By the age of 3, a girl named Charlie was suffering from 300 seizures every week. Marijuana has gotten her down to 2 or 3 seizures a month.
58. Black holes are the exact opposite of nothing, being the densest concentration of mass known in the universe.
59. Male pandas do a handstand while peeing to mark trees.
60. Pandas have one of the highest bite forces of any carnivore.
61. The only species of bear that does not move its ears to pick up sound is the giant panda.
62. Catfish have over 27,000 taste buds. Humans have around 7,000.
63. The air an average person inhales in a single day contain 1 liter of farts of people around him.
64. Actor John Wayne made more than 200 movies.
65. Celine Dion owns a golf course.
66. If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.
67. Energy drinks can actually cause cavities, headaches, miscarriages, and possibly death.
68. Mozambique has an AK-47 assault rifle on its flag.
69. 53% of Americans say they are satisfied with the acceptance of gays and lesbians in the U.S.
70. Less than a quarter of Americans express confidence in the criminal justice system.
71. Americans spend more than $5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
72. On average, Americans eat 3 hamburgers a week.
73. Among young American adults aged 25-34, 17.7% of men and 11.7% of women live with their parents.
74. Native Americans lost their history, their land, their culture, and is one of the least discussed genocides in world history.
75. One in three Americans believe in ESP, or a sixth sense that allows a person to pick up on unseen things with their mind.
76. $43 is the average amount Americans spend on a first date.
77. Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in 1918, by Charles Jung.
78. White Americans are about 10% more optimistic about race relations than Black Americans are.
79. The average American 3-year-old can recognize about 100 brand logos.
80. In colonial America, it was normal for people above the age of 15 to drink the equivalent of seven shots of alcohol per day.
81. The average American sees 16,000 advertisements, logos, and labels per day.
82. Each year approximately 250,000 American husbands are physically attacked and beaten by their wives
83. Going to college? Minor in what you love, major in what will give you a job.
84. Once you fall in love, there's no going back to being just friends.
85. Remember that people will always question the good things they hear about you, and believe the bad ones without a second thought.
86. There are towns in five countries that have prohibited dying.
87. A guy ate nothing but Chipotle for 30 days...and lost 10 lbs.
88. Liquid TIDE laundry detergent glows under a blacklight.
89. Windmills always turn anti-clockwise. Except for the windmills in Ireland!
90. Teddy Roosevelt was shot by a would-be assassin while giving a speech in Milwaukee, but continued to speak with the bullet in his chest.
91. Herons can hold feathers in their mouths to use as a lure to catch fish.
92. Matchmakers (people who introduce two friends so they can become a couple) have 73% more friends than the people they're introducing.
93. "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
94. Every year, 1,000 letters arrive in Jerusalem addressed to God.
95. According to a 2010 study from Cato, legalizing marijuana would generate $8.7 billion in federal and state tax revenue annually.
96. The average woman will spend one full year of her lifetime trying to decide what to wear
97. What a woman eats can increase her chance of twins by up to 40%
98. Sushi relieves stress.
99. Only female mosquitoes bite and drink blood.
100. At Costco, there is no limit on food samples.
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.