100 Trending Facts
1. Dr. Seuss actually cheated on his wife while she was sick with cancer for 13 years - When she killed herself, he married the mistress.
2. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
3. The average person spends three years of his or her life on a toilet.
4. The curly part of a corkscrew is called the ‘worm’.
5. If you got me, i got you.
6. Boys who work out between 15-18 tend to be more intelligent later in life than those who do not.
7. Windmills always turn anti-clockwise. Except for the windmills in Ireland!
8. More than half the foods advertised to kids on TV do not meet U.S. recommended government nutrition guidelines.
9. A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. Thus the saying, I will be there in a jiffy.
10. AskHole: a person who constantly asks for your advice, then does the exact opposite.
11. It took J.R.R. Tolkien 14 years to write "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
12. Cat owners tend to be less manipulative, more modest, and more trustworthy than dog owners.
13. A man once sued his doctor because he survived his cancer longer than the doctor predicted.
14. Actor John Wayne made more than 200 movies.
15. Scatomanc y is telling the future by looking at turds.
16. Bon Jovi owns a restaurant in which menu items have no prices. You only pay whatever you like or volunteer in exchange for their meal.
17. Less than a quarter of Americans express confidence in the criminal justice system.
18. America has never lost a war when donkeys were used.
19. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
20. Sometimes you got to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you're wrong. It's not giving up. It's called growing up.
21. Rats can't vomit, that's why rat poison works.
22. A group of pigeons regularly boards the London Underground at Hammersmith and alights at Ladbroke Grove.
23. First four countries to have television: England, the U.S., the U.S.S.R., and Brazil.
24. The word "algebra" comes from the Arabic "al-jebr," meaning "the reuniting of broken parts."
25. Baby puffins are called pufflings.
26. If you want to see how many calories it takes per day for you to exist, take your weight in pounds and multiply it by 11.
27. In 1999, Pepsi, Inc. paid $0.00 in income tax!
28. If you start dating at 20 years old and date 2 new people a year, your chances of marrying the best possible person at 30 are 1 in 40.
29. In 2007, a group of college students drove the speed limit (55MPH) on I-285 and backed up traffic for miles.
30. The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
31. Native Americans lost their history, their land, their culture, and is one of the least discussed genocides in world history.
32. A 12-year-old Norwegian boy once rescued his sister from a moose attack using skills he learned from World of Warcraft.
33. "Armageddon," "Apollo 13," and "Around the World in 80 Days" are among the movies that NASA keeps aboard the International Space Station.
34. Clinophobia is the fear of beds!
35. There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on the earth.
36. Spending money on experiences, as opposed to material possessions, leads to greater happiness.
37. People who talk to themselves are more likely to have a high I.Q.
38. An orgasm a day keeps the doctor away. Study suggests it can add up to 8 years to your life.
39. According to Hostess, it takes about 45 seconds to explode a Twinkie in a standard powered microwave.
40. In Nigeria, some people believe that children who eat eggs will turn into thieves.
41. The average U.S. bra size is 34DD.
42. Most liquid laundry detergents are alive with living organisms that help to break down stains.
43. If you inhale a pea, it's possible for it to sprout and grow while in your lungs.
44. Not being able to control your negative thoughts is a warning sign of depression.
45. More than seven people die from suicide every hour in the Americas.
46. Americans spend more than $5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
47. One in six American adults binge drink weekly.
48. American teachers are legally allowed to spank children in the classroom in 19 states.
49. The word "bed" is shaped exactly like a bed.
50. Two boys, aged 9, sued Nintendo since they claimed that Pokemon made them gambling addicts.
51. Twitter is basically just you having a conversation with yourself hoping that someone else will join in.
52. A group of ravens is referred to as a "conspiracy."
53. Farting can help reduce high blood pressure.
54. Cats also have whiskers on the back of their front legs.
55. Cats are one of the only animals to domesticate themselves and approached humans on their own terms
56. There is a cat in a Rhode Island nursing home that was able to predict 50 patient deaths and would curl up in bed with them till
57. Chimpanzees clear their throats, for the same reasons human do.
58. Chimpanzees can develop their own fashion trends.
59. Most cats have no eyelashes.
60. In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch or clock is usually 10:10.
61. Karl Lagerfeld’s cat has two maids who write down everything it does in a special book.
62. The great warrior Ghengis Khan died in bed while having sex.
63. For women, drinking 1-3 cups of coffee a day reduces their risk of cardiovascular disease by 24%.
64. Every year, 1,000 letters arrive in Jerusalem addressed to God.
65. It took 11 hours for Seattle police to subdue a man who was standing in an open parking lot and armed with just a samurai sword.
66. The 15-minute chimes on Big Ben have lyrics: "All through this hour / Lord be my guide / And by Thy power / No foot shall slide."
67. If you search for "Do the Harlem shake" on YouTube, the page itself will do the harlem shake for you.
68. This month, a Georgia teen was arrested for stealing a goatâ€”he was going to ask the girl he liked if she would "goat to prom" with him.
69. A blue whale's heart is the size of a Volkswagen Beetle.
70. Periwinkles are used to cure leukaemia.
71. Remember that people will always question the good things they hear about you, and believe the bad ones without a second thought.
72. "Fifty Shades of Grey" is the fastest selling adult novel of all time.
73. Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you never know who would love the person you hide.
74. 40% of all bottled water sold in the world is actually tap water.
75. Cuteness inspires aggression which is why we want to squeeze things we find cute.
76. Canola oil is actually rapeseed oil but the name was changed for marketing reasons!
77. 50% of U.S. pizzas are sold with pepperoni on them.
78. No 2 cornflakes are identical!
79. When Alien was first screened to audiences, ushers fainted, people vomited, and some ran screaming from the theater.
80. 3 most painful things: trying to hide what you really feel, loving someone who loves another, and taking risk to fall in love again.
81. There are no weapons of mass destruction. Just Chuck Norris.
82. Even with a higher income, education and other factors controlled, intelligent people tend to drink more alcohol.
83. Between 2002 - 2010, over 9,000 males went to the emergency room with genital injuries from falling toilet seats.
84. Let your faith be bigger than your fears.
85. Dysania = Finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.
86. Most people believe men with short, wide faces are more likely to be racist.
87. There was no punctuation until the 15th century.
88. Want to avoid over thinking? Focus on what to do next instead of worrying about what went wrong.
89. Martha Stewart and Anthony Hopkins dated until Martha watched him play Hannibal Lector in "Silence of the Lambs."
90. When an intoxicated person is talking, 65% of whatever he/she says is true.
91. Did you know the way you dress determines the way people react to you. Especially your shoes. Dress well!
92. Less than one percent of murders in any given year are committed by serial killers.
93. The more dissatisfied you are with your current partner, the more likely you are to think about your most recent ex-partner.
94. The healthiness of the foods we eat decreases by 1.7% for every hour that passes in the day.
95. 20% of tuxedo rentals take place in May.
96. There aren't any countries in the world that begin with the letter 'x'.
97. Catoptrophobia is the fear of mirrors.
98. The average cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven is $16,400.
99. If your friend is too prideful to apologize for doing you wrong, that person is not your friend.
100. Actor Alan Rickman (Professor Snape) has been with his first girlfriend since 1965â€”since he was 19 years old.
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.