100 Trending Facts
1. Cockroaches have distinct personalities.
2. Psychologist suggest, the average high school student has the same level of anxiety as the average psychiatric patient would in 1950s.
3. Common sense is not so common.
4. Thinking burns calories.
5. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
6. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
7. We never "lose" friends, we just learn who our real ones are.
8. The Tasmanian devil's powerful jaws can crush bones.
9. Serena Williams was once fined $10,500 for yelling at a lineswoman that she would 'f'”ing take the ball and shove it down your f'”ing throat.'
10. In 2003, Morocco offered Iraq 2,000 monkeys to help them detonate mines.
11. It took 11 hours for Seattle police to subdue a man who was standing in an open parking lot and armed with just a samurai sword.
12. Rats can't vomit, that's why rat poison works.
13. Bon Jovi owns a restaurant in which menu items have no prices. You only pay whatever you like or volunteer in exchange for their meal.
14. There are towns in five countries that have prohibited dying.
15. 20% of tuxedo rentals take place in May.
16. The weight of air in a glass of milk is about the same as the weight of one aspirin tablet.
17. Most burglaries occur during the daytime!
18. A pipe 2 feet in diameter will allow four times more fluid to pass through it than a pipe 1 foot in diameter.
19. A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second
20. Goodyear Rubber Company researched and concluded that shoes wear out faster on the right foot than the left.
21. U-Haul is the world's largest advertiser in the Yellow Pages.
22. Oenophobia is the Fear of wines.
23. Only 1 person in 2 billion will live to be 116.
24. There are 635,013,559,599 possible hands in a game of bridge.
25. One percent of Greenland's population lives in a single apartment building!
26. Sheryl Crow's two front teeth are fake.
27. St. Paul, Minnesota was originally called 'Pigs Eye'.
28. More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
29. The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.
30. Mobile Phone Throwing is an official sport in Finland.
31. No government has ever officially formed a plan in case aliens make contact with Earth.
32. Remember that people will always question the good things they hear about you, and believe the bad ones without a second thought.
33. Dr. Seuss actually cheated on his wife while she was sick with cancer for 13 years - When she killed herself, he married the mistress.
34. Aloof bad boys are no longer considered cool, according to one study.
35. AskHole: a person who constantly asks for your advice, then does the exact opposite.
37. Samuel L. Jackson estimates that he uses the word "motherf***er" about 40 times a day.
39. Do not listen with the intent to reply, but with the intent to understand.
40. Not everything will go as you expect in your life. This is why you need to drop expectations, and go with the flow of life.
41. Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.
42. Mr. Rogers was an ordained minister.
43. me: *sleeps for 5 hours* tired
me: *sleeps for 10 hours* tired
me: *sleeps for a month* tired
me: *sleeps for a year* still tired
44. Sleeping is a cure to forget about pain, problems, stress and everything for a while.
45. The average person spends three years of his or her life on a toilet.
46. That pleasurable tingling sensation in the head and scalp when someone whispers is called Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR).
47. Listening to sad songs actually creates positive emotions.
48. 7-11 sells 10,000 pots of coffee an hour, every hour, every day.
49. An 'aglet' is the plastic or metal tip of a shoelace.
50. The WD in WD-40 stands for Water Displacer.
51. President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader!
52. The world?s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
53. In the 1970s, Belgium used to serve children beer at school.
54. More men are physically threatened online than women.
55. The average cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven is $16,400.
56. In 1221, Genghis Khan killed 1,748,000 people at Nishapur in one hour.
57. Sumo wrestlers consume an average of 20,000 calories everyday.
58. In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house without underwear on.
59. Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.
60. Clark Kent is two inches shorter than Superman; to finesse his secret identity he compresses his spine.
61. During the Mohammed Cartoon controversy in 2005, Iran threatened to start an International Holocaust Cartoon competition.
62. Each year approximately 250,000 American husbands are physically attacked and beaten by their wives
63. Phobatrivaphobia is fear of trivia about phobias.
64. Smiling at old people to show them you're not a teenage thug.
65. Dracula is the most filmed story of all time.
66. Men are more likely to die from a fall than women.
67. A scorpion can hold its breath for up to 6 days.
68. Too much homework can cause stress, depression, and even lower grades.
69. The male platypus has venom strong enough to can kill a small dog, or cause excruciating pain among humans.
70. There is a drug made from the saliva of the Gila monster that stops you feeling hungry.
71. The most used letter in the English alphabet is 'E', and 'Q' is the least used!
72. Sales of Rolaids, Alka-Seltzer, and Tums jump 20% in December "
73. The first toilet being flushed in a motion picture was in the movie Psycho.
74. Duracell, the battery-maker, built parts of its new international headquarters using materials from its own waste.
75. The most pushups ever performed in one day was 46,001.
76. The best time for a person to buy shoes is in the afternoon. This is because the foot tends to swell a bit around this time.
77. Rice paper does not have any rice in it!
78. The typical spec of dust that you see floating in the air is half way in size between the Earth and a subatomic particle.
79. The Nestles haven't run Nestle since 1875.
80. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
81. The slanted line that divides dates, fractions, choices, etc. (6/1/04) is called a virgule.
82. Jennifer Aniston's original name is Jennifer Anastassakis!
83. Nike Air Soles do not actually have 'air' in them.
84. Enrico Caruso and Roy Orbison were the only tenors this century capable of hitting e over high c!
85. The weight of air in a milk glass is about the same as the weight of one aspirin tablet.
86. Moist air holds heat better than dry air.
87. If you took a standard slinky and stretched it out it would measure 87 feet.
88. Every year, 1,000 letters arrive in Jerusalem addressed to God.
89. There are more atoms in a teaspoon of water than there are teaspoons of water in the Atlantic Ocean.
90. Catfish have over 27,000 taste buds. Humans have around 7,000.
91. Jaguars are attracted by Calvin Klein’s Obsession for Men.
92. The Catholic Church is the largest non-governmental provider of health services in the world.
93. Boys who work out between 15-18 tend to be more intelligent later in life than those who do not.
94. Bamboo plants can grow up to 36 inches in a day.
95. By the age of 3, a girl named Charlie was suffering from 300 seizures every week. Marijuana has gotten her down to 2 or 3 seizures a month.
96. One in three snake bite victims is drunk. One in five is tatooed.
97. It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce...and 13 hours to build a Toyota.
98. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable"!
99. In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch or clock is usually 10:10.
100. Trueman Capote the man who wrote Breakfast at Tiffany's had the middle name of Stucklefuss!
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.