100 Trending Facts
1. When you stop chasing the wrong things, you let the right things catch up to you.
2. When humans first evolved on Earth, there was water on Mars.
3. There are 14 billion insects for every human on Earth.
4. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
5. It would take a snail nearly 4,575 years to circle Earth.
6. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
7. There are more atoms in a teaspoon of water than there are teaspoons of water in the Atlantic Ocean.
8. Men laugh longer, louder, and more often than women.
9. Annually, the amount of garbage that is dumped in the world's oceans is three times the weight of fish that is caught from the oceans.
10. Except for identical twins, every person on Earth has a unique smell.
11. America has never lost a war when donkeys were used.
12. The average person spends three years of his or her life on a toilet.
13. 3 out of 4 Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
14. Clinophobia is the fear of beds!
15. At one point, it was illegal to buy ice cream on Sundays in Ohio.
16. No patent can ever be taken out on a gambling machine in the United States.
17. The world?s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
18. Phobatrivaphobia is fear of trivia about phobias.
19. Panophobia is the fear of everything.
20. At room temperature, the average air molecule travels at the speed of a rifle bullet.
21. Cellophane is not made of plastic. It is made from a plant fiber, cellulose, which has been shredded and aged.
22. A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. Thus the saying, I will be there in a jiffy.
23. Windmills always turn anti-clockwise. Except for the windmills in Ireland!
24. Cheating on more than 30% of your homework severely increases your chance of failure.
25. About 1620 trillion raindrops fall during a typical storm.
26. Cockroaches have distinct personalities.
27. The air an average person inhales in a single day contain 1 liter of farts of people around him.
28. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
29. In Cleveland, Ohio it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
30. According to several physicists, blowing up the Death Star II in "Return of the Jedi" would have killed all of the Ewoks on Endor.
31. First four countries to have television: England, the U.S., the U.S.S.R., and Brazil.
32. Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.
33. i think my favorite feeling is laughing with someone and realizing half way through how much i enjoy them and their presence.
34. People who talk to themselves are more likely to have a high I.Q.
35. People come and go in your life, and the right one will always stay.
36. Psychologist suggest, the average high school student has the same level of anxiety as the average psychiatric patient would in 1950s.
37. The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. It was the fashion in Renaissance Florence to shave them off.
38. Rats can't vomit, that's why rat poison works.
39. Strippers earn more in tips when ovulating.
40. Cuteness inspires aggression which is why we want to squeeze things we find cute.
41. When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.
42. People who volunteer are 25-46% more likely to find a partner and start a romantic relationship within a year.
43. There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on the earth.
45. Every planet in our solar system could fit between Earth and the Moon.
46. Monkeys have tails; apes do not.
47. In 2005, a research team taught a group of monkeys how to use money. Soon thereafter, the monkeys were soliciting/practicing prostitution.
48. Male monkeys go bald just as men do.
49. Research shows that dogs are more likely to share food with friends rather than with strangers.
50. A candle's flame is round and blue in zero gravity.
51. A lack of education can be as deadly as smoking, according to a new study.
52. Don't ruin today by worrying about yesterday's problem.
53. An orgasm a day keeps the doctor away. Study suggests it can add up to 8 years to your life.
54. What comes easy won't last long, and what lasts long won't come easy.
55. People who chew the ends of their pens are more creative and less prone to mental sickness.
56. The G in 'g-string' stand for groin.
57. President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader!
58. Actor Mark Wahlberg has a third nipple!
59. 90 percent of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right.
60. Halle Berry?s stunt double, in the movie ?Catwoman?, is a man.
61. The Vatican Bank is the world's only bank that allows ATM users to perform transactions in Latin.
62. If your friend is too prideful to apologize for doing you wrong, that person is not your friend.
63. Men tend to fall in love faster than women and are more likely to take the lead during the initial stages of a relationship.
64. Eskimos use refrigerators to stop their food from freezing.
65. Actor John Wayne made more than 200 movies.
66. Because of the rotation of the earth, an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.
67. There are 62 pieces of Lego for every person on Earth.
68. Grey whales always mate in a threesome: two males to one female.
69. Humans are the only animals that blush.
70. Enrico Caruso and Roy Orbison were the only tenors this century capable of hitting e over high c.
71. Michael Jackson used to prank-call Russell Crowe on a regular basis.
72. Bon Jovi owns a restaurant in which menu items have no prices. You only pay whatever you like or volunteer in exchange for their meal.
73. 20% of tuxedo rentals take place in May.
74. Bamboo plants can grow up to 36 inches in a day.
75. Dr. Seuss actually cheated on his wife while she was sick with cancer for 13 years - When she killed herself, he married the mistress.
76. White Americans are about 10% more optimistic about race relations than Black Americans are.
77. On average, Americans eat 3 hamburgers a week.
78. Each year approximately 250,000 American husbands are physically attacked and beaten by their wives
79. 53% of Americans say they are satisfied with the acceptance of gays and lesbians in the U.S.
80. More than seven people die from suicide every hour in the Americas.
81. Americans spend more than $5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
82. Portland has a higher percentage of literate people than any other major city in America.
83. 1 in 4 American dogs are overweight.
84. An average of 11 Americans die at work every day.
85. When someone talks at length and gives an excess of details, it is likely that they are lying.
86. One in six American adults binge drink weekly.
87. The average American 3-year-old can recognize about 100 brand logos.
88. Farmers in England are required by law to provide their pigs with toys!
89. Research shows that being continuously sleep-deprived makes you dumb, irritable, distracted, unhappy, and fat.
90. One in three Americans believe in ESP, or a sixth sense that allows a person to pick up on unseen things with their mind.
91. Among young American adults aged 25-34, 17.7% of men and 11.7% of women live with their parents.
92. Native Americans lost their history, their land, their culture, and is one of the least discussed genocides in world history.
93. Less than a quarter of Americans express confidence in the criminal justice system.
94. Conservative people are more easily grossed out than liberals.
95. Researchers at the University of Rochester have built the first invisibility cloak.
96. Catoptrophobia is the fear of mirrors.
97. Karl Lagerfeld’s cat has two maids who write down everything it does in a special book.
98. A 12-year-old Norwegian boy once rescued his sister from a moose attack using skills he learned from World of Warcraft.
99. There aren't any countries in the world that begin with the letter 'x'.
100. If you spent one night in every single room available in all of the Disney World Resorts, it would take you 68 years to sleep in all of them
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.