100 Trending Facts
1. Actor John Wayne made more than 200 movies.
2. Rats can't vomit, that's why rat poison works.
3. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
5. Remember that people will always question the good things they hear about you, and believe the bad ones without a second thought.
6. The average cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven is $16,400.
7. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
8. When humans first evolved on Earth, there was water on Mars.
9. Dogs have faithfully lived with humans for over 14,000 years.
10. There are 701 types of pure breed dogs.
11. The average dog is as intelligent as a two-year-old child.
12. Dogs might be more intelligent than cats because they know how to make friends.
13. Dog owners spend more on a date and are more willing to have a one-night stand than cat owners, who are more aloof in relationships.
14. Dogs can see sadness in humans and often attempt to make their owners happy by initiating cuddling.
15. There are 14 billion insects for every human on Earth.
16. Meditating can actually make you more observant â€“ If you do it six hours a day for three months, according to one study.
17. Dogs in the top 20 percent of canine intelligence can learn at least 250 words and signals.
18. During his lifetime, artist Vincent Van Gogh only sold one of his paintings.
19. The world collectively spent $1,735 billion on war in 2012 -- It would take about $195 billion to totally eradicate poverty.
20. The population of the Earth has more than doubled since 1950.
21. An iceberg contains more heat than a lit match.
22. America has never lost a war when donkeys were used.
23. Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not only sweat by salivating. They also sweat through the poors on their feet.
24. Saint Bernards were trained to rescue lost travelers in the Swiss Alps.
25. Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not only sweat by salivating. They also sweat through the pours on their feet.
26. There are an estimated 400 million dogs in the world.
27. Boxers are named for their playful habit of using their front paws in frolic.
28. Though they look like dogs, hyenas are more closely related to cats.
29. A dog has slept next to his owner's grave in Argentina for 6 years '” He found the cemetery on his own.
30. Dogs and cats, like humans, are either right or left handed... or is that paws?.
31. The Canary Islands were not named after a bird called the canary. They were named after a breed of dogs!
32. The least intelligent dog breed is the Afghan Hound
33. Nose prints are used to identify dogs, just like humans use fingerprints!
34. Dog TV is a television channel designed specifically to keep dogs entertained and stimulated while you go about your day.
35. Babies can hear dog whistles.
36. The average dog can run about 19 mph. Greyhounds are the fastest dogs on
Earth and can run at speeds of 45 mph.
37. Dalmatian puppies are born pure white, with their spots developing as the mature.
38. Each instance of dog poop that goes unscooped attracts approximately 144 flies.
39. The Falabella horse is about a foot taller than ba large dog
40. Over one million stray dogs live in the New York City metropolitan area.
41. The earliest European images of dogs are found in cave paintings dating back 12,000 years ago in Spain.
42. Dogs can hear sounds that you cant!
43. Dogs with ADHD make the best sniffer dogs.
44. It was once against the law to have a pet dog in a city in Iceland!
45. The Chow and the Chinese Shar-Pei are the only dogs that have black tongues.
46. President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader!
47. A man once sued his doctor because he survived his cancer longer than the doctor predicted.
48. Oxygen is toxic to living cells. When oxygen first appeared on Earth, it wiped out nearly 99% of all life.
49. Every year, 1,000 letters arrive in Jerusalem addressed to God.
50. Seeing eye dogs are trained to poop on command.
51. The G in 'g-string' stand for groin.
52. Attics were invented in Attica.
53. New York is currently the most unhappy city in America.
54. Dogs can hear sounds that you can't.
55. In the U.S. rabies is a lot more common in cats than it is in dogs.
56. Dogs sweat through their footpads.
57. A guy ate nothing but Chipotle for 30 days...and lost 10 lbs.
58. Boys who work out between 15-18 tend to be more intelligent later in life than those who do not.
59. No 2 cornflakes are identical.
60. Men laugh longer, louder, and more often than women.
61. According to a 2010 study from Cato, legalizing marijuana would generate $8.7 billion in federal and state tax revenue annually.
62. 'Your bra strap is showing'
no one can know that I, a teenage female, is wearing a bra
someone call Victoria cause her secret's out
63. Almost everything you buy today (inflation included) is more expensive than it was five years ago.
64. Dr. Seuss actually cheated on his wife while she was sick with cancer for 13 years - When she killed herself, he married the mistress.
65. Kryptonite was invented because Supermans original voice actor wanted time off, and the only way to do this was to make ...
66. Even with a higher income, education and other factors controlled, intelligent people tend to drink more alcohol.
67. Terry Balsamo, guitarist for the band Evanescence, gave himself a stroke by head-banging too hard onstage.
68. When the Hindenburg exploded, 62 of the 97 passengers survived.
69. Less than a quarter of Americans express confidence in the criminal justice system.
70. It is illegal for a teacher to keep the class after the bell as punishment
71. 'Yours, even though you're not mine'
72. Farting can help reduce high blood pressure.
73. You can start a fire with ice.
74. Deipnophobia is the fear of dinner parties.
75. Constantly dreaming about someone may indicate that they're actually missing or thinking about you a lot.
76. Alessandro Volta is especially known for inventing the first true battery in 1800.
77. What comes easy won't last long, and what lasts long won't come easy.
78. A 12-year-old Norwegian boy once rescued his sister from a moose attack using skills he learned from World of Warcraft.
79. Due to their extreme atmospheric conditions, it rains diamonds on Neptune and Uranus.
80. The worst feeling is when someone makes you feel special, then suddenly leaves you hanging, and you have to act like you don't care at all.
81. Every day this week will be the same backwards:
82. If a guide dog judges that a command is unsafe, it will refuse the command. This is called 'intelligent disobedience'.
83. Dog yawns are infectious.
84. Dogs suppress their innate intelligence for the sake of their human masters.
85. A study revealed that people would rather wear a sweater with dog poop on it than a sweater that had been owned by a mass murderer.
86. The dog who played Comet on "Full House" was the same dog who played "Air Bud."
87. Dogs have far fewer taste buds than people ? probably fewer than 2,000 compared to human's 9,000.
88. All but two breeds of dogs have pink tongues. The Chow Chow and the Shar-pei, both have black tongues.
89. It takes 12-15 dogs to make a dog fur coat and up to 24 cats to make a cat fur coat.
90. Dogs can sniff out prostate cancer with 98 percent accuracy.
91. The flea can jump 350 times its body length, that is like a human jumping the length of a football field.
92. Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year.
93. The most popular dog breed in Canada, U.S., and Great Britain is the Labrador retriever.
94. Studies show that the average dog has the same intelligence as a 2-year-old child - They can understand up to 250 words and motions.
95. A hound dog named Ludivine snuck out of her owner's yard in Elkmont, Alabama and joined the town's half marathon'”she got 7th place.
96. The most dogs ever owned by one person were 5,000 Mastiffs owned by Kubla Khan.
97. Dogs cannot feel guilt. They can only feel sad because their owner is yelling at them.
98. Dogs will yawn in order to express that there is a conflict of interest between their own ideas or desires and those of their owners.
99. Hot Dogs are so named because they were originally rumored to contain dog meat.
100. Herons can hold feathers in their mouths to use as a lure to catch fish.
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.