100 Trending Facts
1. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
2. 20% of tuxedo rentals take place in May.
3. The great warrior Ghengis Khan died in bed while having sex.
4. A guy ate nothing but Chipotle for 30 days...and lost 10 lbs.
5. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
6. In 1820, the average American drank half a pint of whisky every day.
7. The typical American child will be exposed to 12,000 violent acts on television a year.
8. In 18th-century America, Thanksgiving was celebrated with a day of fasting and prayer.
9. More than one-third of American babies are tapping on smartphones and tablets even before they learn to walk or talk, according to a study.
10. In 1830, the average American was consuming 1.7 bottles of hard liquor per week.
11. The average American will eat 35,000 cookies in their lifetime.
12. Money, work, economic outlook, family, and relationships are the most commonly cited sources of stress for Americans.
13. American cows produce four times as much milk as they did in 1942.
14. If you were drafted during the American Civil War, you could legally pay someone else $300 to go in your place.
15. According to one poll, 45% of Americans believe in ghosts or that the spirits of dead people can come back.
16. Native Americans lost their history, their land, their culture, and is one of the least discussed genocides in world history.
17. 51% of Americans surveyed say abortion should be legal in all or most cases.
18. One in three Americans believe in ESP, or a sixth sense that allows a person to pick up on unseen things with their mind.
19. White Americans are about 10% more optimistic about race relations than Black Americans are.
20. America has never lost a war when donkeys were used.
21. In colonial America, it was normal for people above the age of 15 to drink the equivalent of seven shots of alcohol per day.
22. 53% of Americans say they are satisfied with the acceptance of gays and lesbians in the U.S.
23. An American charity pays drug addicts roughly $300 to get sterilized.
24. 3 out of 4 Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
25. Portland has a higher percentage of literate people than any other major city in America.
26. Each year approximately 250,000 American husbands are physically attacked and beaten by their wives
27. New York is currently the most unhappy city in America.
28. $43 is the average amount Americans spend on a first date.
29. 1 in 4 Americans think God helps decide the outcome of football games.
30. The average American sees 16,000 advertisements, logos, and labels per day.
31. The average American eats 25 pounds (11.3 KG) of candy each year.
32. About 600 American patients catch fire during surgery every year.
33. In 2007, an American man named Corey Taylor tried to fake his own death in order to get out of his cell phone contract without paying a fee.
34. For 62% of Americans, success is defined by making a positive impact on the lives of others.
35. An average of 11 Americans die at work every day.
36. American teachers are legally allowed to spank children in the classroom in 19 states.
37. 1 in 4 American dogs are overweight.
38. About 15 to 25 percent of all Americans are supertasters, people who have more taste buds than the rest of us.
39. Remember that people will always question the good things they hear about you, and believe the bad ones without a second thought.
40. A man once sued his doctor because he survived his cancer longer than the doctor predicted.
41. 50% of U.S. pizzas are sold with pepperoni on them.
42. Americans on average spend 18% of his or her income on transportation. Only 13% is spent on food
43. Dr. Seuss actually cheated on his wife while she was sick with cancer for 13 years - When she killed herself, he married the mistress.
44. Men laugh longer, louder, and more often than women.
45. Even with a higher income, education and other factors controlled, intelligent people tend to drink more alcohol.
46. More than seven people die from suicide every hour in the Americas.
47. Less than a quarter of Americans express confidence in the criminal justice system.
48. On average, Americans eat 3 hamburgers a week.
49. 46% of American adults can't read well enough to understand the label on their prescription medicine.
50. More than 80,000 bartenders in America have university degrees.
51. One in six American adults binge drink weekly.
52. Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in 1918, by Charles Jung.
53. The average American 3-year-old can recognize about 100 brand logos.
54. Among young American adults aged 25-34, 17.7% of men and 11.7% of women live with their parents.
55. Americans spend more than $5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
56. Charlie Sheen pays over $100,000/month in child support.
57. More than half the foods advertised to kids on TV do not meet U.S. recommended government nutrition guidelines.
58. People who chew the ends of their pens are more creative and less prone to mental sickness.
59. Tip: If you chew gum when you study a subject and then chew the same flavor when you the take the test it can help you remember.
60. We are subconsciously more attracted to people who have the same music taste as we do.
61. A new machine called "The Omniprocessor" can turn poop into clean drinking water and generate electricity.
62. Music is powerful enough to change a persons perception of the world.
63. Dogs with ADHD make the best sniffer dogs.
64. Sleep + Music = 2 ways to escape everything.
65. Radio code Wilco (as in Roger Wilco) is short for Will Comply.
66. People who sleep late have more mental stamina and can outperform early risers.
67. There are towns in five countries that have prohibited dying.
68. Boys who work out between 15-18 tend to be more intelligent later in life than those who do not.
69. There are 14 billion insects for every human on Earth.
70. First four countries to have television: England, the U.S., the U.S.S.R., and Brazil.
71. Sushi relieves stress.
72. Sometimes you got to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you're wrong. It's not giving up. It's called growing up.
73. In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house without underwear on.
74. Actor John Wayne made more than 200 movies.
75. Dont wish for it, work for it.
76. Researchers at the University of Rochester have built the first invisibility cloak.
77. In 2003, Morocco offered Iraq 2,000 monkeys to help them detonate mines.
78. People getting only 6 to 7 hours of sleep every night have a longer life expectancy than those who sleep 8 hours.
79. Lemon juice with a pinch of salt (warm) every morning lowers cholesterol levels and brings down your weigh
80. Try not to say anything negative about anyone for a week, month, or even a year, and watch what happens to your life
81. If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.
82. Listening to sad songs actually creates positive emotions.
83. The novelist Kurt Vonnegut ran America’s first Saab dealership.
84. Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
85. Wayne Rooney’s voicemail password was ‘Stella Artois’.
86. When the Pyramids were built woolly mammoths still roamed the Earth.
87. If you search for "Do the Harlem shake" on YouTube, the page itself will do the harlem shake for you.
89. Every year, 1,000 letters arrive in Jerusalem addressed to God.
90. Rats can't vomit, that's why rat poison works.
92. The electric chair was invented by a dentist!
93. Dogs can see sadness in humans and often attempt to make their owners happy by initiating cuddling.
94. It takes 200 years for a human to count to 7 billion out loud.
95. There are 701 types of pure breed dogs.
96. Japanese researchers have successfully developed a device that will be able to literally playback your dreams in video sequence.
97. In Athens, Greece, a driver's license can be taken away by law if the driver is deemed either unbathed or poorly dressed.
98. President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader!
99. 90 percent of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right.
100. People who were born deaf still have some type of inner voice.
Trending on Fun Funny Facts
783 Random Facts
Yoghurt, got its name from the Turkish word 'yogurur', which means 'long life'.
305 Fun Facts
At Stalin’s funeral 500 people were trampled to death.
100 Weird Facts
A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
82 Did You Know Facts
Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
489 Crazy Facts
The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam.
365 Trivia Facts
'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth.
713 Interesting Facts
During the 1741 General Election, angry voters pelted candidates with dead cats and dogs.
658 Fascinating Facts
Qatar is the only country that begins with a Q and Iraq is the only country that ends with one.
47 Amazing Facts
The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
49 Gross Facts
Babies who wear disposable diapers are five times more likely to develop diaper rash than those that wear cotton diapers.
Left Handed Facts
Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
31 Teeth Facts
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.
Britons spend eight times as long watching television as they do cooking meals.
51 Sun Facts
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
27 Usa Facts
Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
There are 2,500 species of moth in the UK but only 60 species of butterfly.
12% of a sloth’s energy is used to climb up and down trees to go to the lavatory.
One-third of toads crossing roads are fatally run over.
'face-off' in hockey was originally called a 'puck-off'.
The world’s smallest advert was stencilled onto a bee’s knee.
Las Vegas Facts
The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
28 Smart Facts
Sarcasm has been proven to make you smarter and more creative.
Milky Way Facts
All of the stars comprising the Milky Way galaxy revolve around the centre of the galaxy once every 200 million years or so.
34 Spider Facts
UK house spiders include the Pink Prowler, the Spitting Spider and the Missing Sector Orb Weaver.
There are about 294,000,000,000,000 leaves in the world; for every leaf there are 340 ants.
Baby zebras can begin running just one hour after they are born.
The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton's computer wife (Karen) in real life.
Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
To sleep for one night in every bed in Las Vegas would take 288 years.
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
New York Facts
If you ate in a different New York eatery every day for 12 years, you still wouldn’t have visited all of the city’s restaurants.
The technology behind smartphones relies on up to 250,000 separate patents.
If you laid all the molecules in a teaspoon of water end to end, it would stretch 10 times the width of the solar system.
The word "nice" originally meant "foolish and stupid."
Human beings have as many brain cells in their stomachs as cats have in their brains.
All geese eat a vegetarian diet, feeding on grasses, seeds and grains.